ABORTED live@Hellfest Open Air 2012 (Clisson, France) : full show proshot video

seems to be up on Youtube if I've read everything right (arte page is fucking around here)
Mendel joined you guys later, didn't he? Still have to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah mendel joined later.
Danny Tunker (spawn of possession/god dethroned/vomitory etc etc) did the first half.

edit: he learned the set in under 2 weeks btw, 2 days after i asked him he allready called me back saying he allready knew all the songs haha.

This was fun as fuck to play.
Geddy lee bass with pd7/sansamp over a svt at allmost full power haha

Yeah mendel joined later.
Danny Tunker (spawn of possession/god dethroned/vomitory etc etc) did the first half.

edit: he learned the set in under 2 weeks btw, 2 days after i asked him he allready called me back saying he allready knew all the songs haha.

This was fun as fuck to play.
Geddy lee bass with pd7/sansamp over a svt at allmost full power haha

Why did Eran leave the band?
Btw. you were great at Brutal Assault. Could you please share the details of your rig (incl. settings)?

You mean bass? or for every dude of the band?

I'm most interested in your bass rig (the tone was fantastic - it was powerful, sat perfectly in the mix and was very distinct yet glued with other instruments). But if you could share the details of the guitar rigs as well, I'd be very happy. :)

Are you just filling in, or are you back full time?

Back full time, writing the new songs as we speak! so expect more as half of the songs i wrote on global flatline :)

Bass was the fender geddy lee, ibanez pd7 phathead distortion (this thing: its amazing http://www.newtonsonline.com/shop/image/cache/ibanez PD7-500x500.jpg ) with some highs and lows down, about 10 oclock, drive 0, since it allready has alot, attack off, and on overdrive.
Sansamp with everything at about 12.

And thats what our amazing sound engineer jorn got, he then useally compresses with 30 ms attack, 70 release, at 4:10, and then pushes 800 hz alot because of compression mid suck. and he filters alot of high end, brutal assault he was at about 2 khz i think he said.

guitar was just 5150 with tubescreamer, mendel can tell you more about that haha

Back full time, writing the new songs as we speak! so expect more as half of the songs i wrote on global flatline :)

Wow, that's some great news! I liked your imput on Global Flatline, especially "Our Father, Who Art of Feces" and "Endstille". :)

So the line-up from Brutal Assault is permanent (well, at least in Aborted's standards - i.e. will last at least 6 months :D) and will appear on the next record? Btw. Danny Tunker is a beast - I've seen him playing with Spawn of Possession and couldn't believe how easily he could handle such ridiculously difficult parts.

Bass was the fender geddy lee, ibanez pd7 phathead distortion (this thing: its amazing http://www.newtonsonline.com/shop/image/cache/ibanez PD7-500x500.jpg ) with some highs and lows down, about 10 oclock, drive 0, since it allready has alot, attack off, and on overdrive.
Sansamp with everything at about 12.

And thats what our amazing sound engineer jorn got, he then useally compresses with 30 ms attack, 70 release, at 4:10, and then pushes 800 hz alot because of compression mid suck. and he filters alot of high end, brutal assault he was at about 2 khz i think he said.

Thank you very much for the details. ;) I'll try the PD7 when I'll have the chance.