About Janne's Lead sound

Gaudeamus

Shredder of Keys
Jul 1, 2006
So I recently bought a Korg X5D keyboard and would like to get Janne's lead sound or something very similar to it but the links I found on how to get it are quite technical for me as I'm pretty much a noob with keyboards. I'm curious what I will need to buy to get that sound and if anyone knows how to get the sound and can explain it well it would be much appreciated.

But it does kinda suck, i would prefer something like Synth strings.

Synth strings wouldn't really work when playing 16th notes at 200bpm though. Especially if it was a good soudn with a slight fade in.

I agree that his sound sometimes sounds like Japanese pop or something but it works well.

Look out of ShadowsWithin. He's got the same keyboard and I think he said he's getting the same sound as Janne/Jens so he'll be able to help.

If you want Janne's lead sound you should get the right equipment first. For the 12034523984756475692376th time, Janne doesn't use the X5D for leads. It is ONLY a MIDI controller. He could be playing with a $10 garage sale keyboard, and as long as it has a MIDI connection, it would sound exactly the same. The Roland JV2080 with an Electroharmonics Big Muff (Russian, green model) is responsible for 100% of his sound. As for the patch, you could grovel to Jens Johanssen to get it (he's on myspace), but you will most likely be ignored.

So unfortunately, I can't really help you until you get a JV2080.

If you want Janne's lead sound you should get the right equipment first. For the 12034523984756475692376th time, Janne doesn't use the X5D for leads. It is ONLY a MIDI controller. He could be playing with a $10 garage sale keyboard, and as long as it has a MIDI connection, it would sound exactly the same. The Roland JV2080 with an Electroharmonics Big Muff (Russian, green model) is responsible for 100% of his sound. As for the patch, you could grovel to Jens Johanssen to get it (he's on myspace), but you will most likely be ignored.

So unfortunately, I can't really help you until you get a JV2080.

if you have a jv2080 or 1080 even the patch isn't too hard to make yourself

i've actually made it on a few other keyboards and i'm pretty sure it's possible on a x5D too

if you have a jv2080 or 1080 even the patch isn't too hard to make yourself

i've actually made it on a few other keyboards and i'm pretty sure it's possible on a x5D too

I wouldn't know, I've never used an X5D. But yeah, on the JV, synth reed is your friend. :)