ABR cover (short) rate the tone

Auroras

Mar 23, 2010
Toronto Canada
Did the intro for composure from abr decided that I'm happy with my recto now with the TS recording wise Im very happy hopefully i can start recording demos for bands to make spare cash for gear
chain Esp ltd MH 400 and 1000with EMG81 in the bridge >Ibanez TS7>Mesa triple Recti+recto cab with v30's>SM57 Of axis on cone>art tubefire 8 pre>reaper

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5569534/Composure.wav

Thanks to everyone who changed my mind about the recto I'm getting much better results

I realise it needs improvement , The raw guitar sounds better i used a shitty comp plugin and it got muddy to the keep the drums from clipping .

no offence taken btw

The tone sounds pretty cool man, though you'll definitely have better luck recording two takes of it and panning them hard-L/R!

it was simply 1 take of each part thought they sounded thick enough on there own so i left them, plus i need to spend mor time playing and less time tone searching XD i've lost alot of my consistancy since i started to record and tone hunt

Also i need to buy some proper monitors im using a yorkville loudspeaker for one

One of the biggest issues is the drums. Work on improving those, and the tone will work better.

it was simply 1 take of each part thought they sounded thick enough on there own so i left them, plus i need to spend mor time playing and less time tone searching XD i've lost alot of my consistancy since i started to record and tone hunt

Also i need to buy some proper monitors im using a yorkville loudspeaker for one

Oh yeah, I guess there are two here - just kinda hard to tell since they're right up the middle ;)

Yes the drums i deffinatly agree with i need to work on those i used DFH but im wonderin if i should switch to supperior 2.0 or something better . like i said i want to be able to start recording band demos to make $ for gear

Dude, it's sounding REALLY fucking distant. Also, are you stuck in a well? :p I find my recordings sound like that if it's not turned up enough. What's your master volume at? Pretty good playing though, could use a few layers. Quad track this bitch, fix some eq issues on the amp/mic placement, and you'll have yourself a pretty good recording.

Dude, it's sounding REALLY fucking distant. Also, are you stuck in a well? :p I find my recordings sound like that if it's not turned up enough. What's your master volume at? Pretty good playing though, could use a few layers. Quad track this bitch, fix some eq issues on the amp/mic placement, and you'll have yourself a pretty good recording.

it was the reverb i put on I'll redo it tonight or tomorow

The tone itself seems good but you definitely need to record at a higher volume and pan the guitars.