AC/DC's BRIAN JOHNSON Talks About His Ferrari 458 Italia In New 'Cars That Rock' Clip

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
A new series hosted by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson, "Cars That Rock", will air in the U.K. starting on May 8 on Quest, Freeview Channel 38.The Back2Back Productions series follows Johnson as he pursues his passion of cars, looking into the history, meeting the fanatics and of racing."Cars That Rock" is described as a series of six 60-minute episodes in which Brian looks at six of his favorite makes of car (three from the U.K. and three from other parts of Europe). Brian races some of the cars in professional races and he also drives other cars at high speed.A new video clip from "Cars That Rock" in which Johnson talks about his first-ever Ferrari, a 458 Italia can be seen below.Johnson shared with Ferrari News the story of how he got the 458 Italia: "After the tour, I was in New York with my wife, Brenda. As our limo was passing the Ferrari showroom on Park Avenue, I called out to the driver, 'Stop!' I jumped out and went inside. There was a white 458 Italia on the floor, and though I don't prefer white cars, this was the most stunning thing I'd ever seen. I wanted to buy it on the spot but found out there was a wait."When he was a guest on Chris Evans' "Breakfast Show", Johnson said Evans picked up the phone and made a call. A few moments later, Evans asked Johnson, "What color do you want, Brian — red or black?" "Red!" Johnson replied. Evans had found a car that was available and told him that a man was going to drive a red 458 Italia from Switzerland to England.Johnson and his wife, who live mainly in Sarasota, Florida, were staying at their home in London's Chelsea section. Johnson continued: "The next morning, there was a knock at my door, and a man saying, 'I've got your Ferrari, Mr. Johnson. I just need a check.'""I've never had a Ferrari. I always had British cars," Johnson said.

More...