Accept re-issues

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Does everyone know about the Accept re-issues that SPV released? They did...
1. Accept
2. I'm A Rebel
3. Breaker
4. Restless and Wild

I've picked up the first album so far but will be getting the rest soon. Borders has them for $12. This one has a nice little liner-notes thing and some cool old pics plus it sounds great.

The best I could do was get the "Best of Balls to the Wall and Restless and Wild" a number of years back. It's got 15 tracks that I doubt are all-inclusive of the two albums but it does hit the highlights. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these. Thanks for the heads-up. :headbang:

My copy of Balls to the Wall is digitally remastered, on the front it says "The Metal Masters Series", it's got the live versions of Head Over Heels and Love Child as bonus tracks, rereleased in 2001.

Fangface said:
Hopefully they will re-release the mini live album as well! "Kaizoku-Ban" that is.

That would be great!!! Has that ever been issued on CD? .... I'm guessing only in Japan maybe.

thats cool.im not familiar with the self titled l.p.- i have balls and restless both classic.

nyhc7163 said:
thats cool.im not familiar with the self titled l.p.- i have balls and restless both classic.

The first album has more of a 70's hard rock sound than their later metal albums ... still an album worth checking out. Do you like " Metal Heart"? That was my favorite Accept album.

Greeno said:
That would be great!!! Has that ever been issued on CD? .... I'm guessing only in Japan maybe.

They released that whole show on cd. "Staying a Life" Complete with Wolf's solo. :worship:

Hay! Where's Bryant for this thread? You would think he would be all over it.

Mxgonzo said:
They released that whole show on cd. "Staying a Life" Complete with Wolf's solo. :worship:

Probably on his way to Prog-Power :headbang:

Mxgonzo said:

Cool, thanks for the info.

:lol: I also thought Bryant would be all over this thread.

I actually don't have anything by Accept yet... so I just might get these.

I just hope SPV doesn't f*#k up any of these like they did with Savatage's Streets a couple of years back. Missing lyrics, wrong bonus tracks, low quality cover art etc. :yuk: The reissues were otherwise great (massive liner notes, bonus tracks) but that one cd was a disgrace.

tsorl said:
I just hope SPV doesn't f*#k up any of these like they did with Savatage's Streets a couple of years back. Missing lyrics, wrong bonus tracks, low quality cover art etc. :yuk: The reissues were otherwise great (massive liner notes, bonus tracks) but that one cd was a disgrace.
Yeah and the tracklist is also a complete mess on this rerelease, why did they merge the tracks?

Mxgonzo said:

I've been looking around on the net for info about this album, are you sure it is the same show as the "Kaizoku-Ban" e.p.? None of the reviews I've found about it says that it is.

On my cd it says recorded in Osaka 1985. If I remember correctly the Kaizoku-Ban e.p. was recorded in Osaka. I'm pretty sure it was the same show but I could be wrong.