Accept re-issues

Greeno said:
The first album has more of a 70's hard rock sound than their later metal albums ... still an album worth checking out. Do you like " Metal Heart"? That was my favorite Accept album.

"Metal Heart" is also my fave, but "Objection Overruled" and BttW are close behind it. I agree with your assesment of their first release. In fact, they didn't really lose that style until "Restless and Wild" but there are still lots of gems from their early releases.

Bryant

Mxgonzo said:
They released that whole show on cd. "Staying a Life" Complete with Wolf's solo. :worship:

Hay! Where's Bryant for this thread? You would think he would be all over it.

Ha ha ha better late than never. I have just been sooo busy. I have had little time to post and due to PP needed to post some at the PP forum since I met so many people at the event etc. Btw, it was great hanging out with you a little at PPVI. Hope to see you there next year as well.

Bryant

tsorl said:
I actually don't have anything by Accept yet... so I just might get these.

I just hope SPV doesn't f*#k up any of these like they did with Savatage's Streets a couple of years back. Missing lyrics, wrong bonus tracks, low quality cover art etc. :yuk: The reissues were otherwise great (massive liner notes, bonus tracks) but that one cd was a disgrace.

Those discs are great, but if I were starting an Accept collection, I would start in the middle of their career and pick up "Balls to the Wall" and "Metal Heart" first. To me, those are the quintessential works from them.

Bryant

Bryant said:
"Metal Heart" is also my fave, but "Objection Overruled" and BttW are close behind it. I agree with your assesment of their first release. In fact, they didn't really lose that style until "Restless and Wild" but there are still lots of gems from their early releases.
Don't forget Breaker my friend ;) :headbang: The birth of german 80's metal IMO.

What about Russian Roulette(sp?)? A lot of my friends didn't care for this album but I loved it. It's no Metalheart but a solid release IMO.

Mxgonzo said:
What about Russian Roulette(sp?)? A lot of my friends didn't care for this album but I loved it. It's no Metalheart but a solid release IMO.

I love Russian Roulette too. Still one of my favorites and still gets a spin or two from time to time. In fact that's what I'm spinning next. Thanks for the reminder! :headbang:

Ironically, I just picked up the remastered 2002 versions of Metal Heart and Russian Roulette. They're not available in the states (I ordered them through Amazon).

Many remasters seem to me to be insignificant. But not these. The sound is GREAT! Much greater clarity than the originals, the instruments seem to be more "spaced apart" allowing more breath in the music. Awesome records.

SoundMaster said:
Ironically, I just picked up the remastered 2002 versions of Metal Heart and Russian Roulette. They're not available in the states (I ordered them through Amazon).

Many remasters seem to me to be insignificant. But not these. The sound is GREAT! Much greater clarity than the originals, the instruments seem to be more "spaced apart" allowing more breath in the music. Awesome records.

Cool !! I would love to get a hold of Metal Heart remastered.

Bryant

Wheezer said:
I love Russian Roulette too. Still one of my favorites and still gets a spin or two from time to time. In fact that's what I'm spinning next. Thanks for the reminder! :headbang:

Also a strong release. Accept never made the same album twice. Each one is so very different, but they all sound "like" Accept. Hard to pick a fae track from that one.... maybe the the title track or "Heaven Is Hell."

Bryant