accidental old school guitarsound (san dimas+Bogner/Marshall)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
haha...my goal was not to record a good sound, so I just switched the amp on, no TS, just sn sm57 in front of the cab.

I just wanted to try a different string gauge on my san dimas dinky (oooold schooool ;) ) so I just played this random riff...I know, it's not tight or anything , and it's not the best tone ever, but I think it's got loads of potential to become a massively brutal old school DM tone...
can't wait to really try and record this beast with the new (not broken ;) ) tubes.

anyways, here's the quick clip that I just got from this jam...
as I said, ignore the improvised playing etc...no TS, no post eq, no tweaking, just random mic and knob positions.

bogner modded marshall
(I know, this does need some brightening/ better mic position, some knob tweaking etc...but I hope you'll see the potential)

damn, I have to record some proper clips in the next days to show you what this thing can do....can't wait for the next old school DM or hardcore band to enter the studio ;)

EDIT: that rather annoying "ring" comes from the headstock-portion of the strings which wasn't muffled with a hair band ;)