ACE FREHLEY: 'My Voice Hasn't Changed, Unlike Other Members Of KISS'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On Friday, April 11, former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley visited Billboard for a video interview to reflect on the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame experience, reveal his least favorite KISS album, discuss his upcoming solo album, "Space Invader", due in June, and more. You can watch the chat at Billboard.com. "Space Invader" is due June 24 on eOne Music. While the final track listing hasn't been announced yet, the album will contain a cover of "The Joker" by THE STEVE MILLER BAND. "There's going to be a real interesting instrumental, there's gonna be some catchy riff songs, there's gonna be some straight-ahead rockers and everything in between," Ace told Billboard. "The only real guests I have [are] Chris Wyse from THE CULT and my drummer Matt Starr, who I used on my last U.S. tour. And pretty much I'm playing all the instruments and doing all the lead vocals. I'm a one-man show." He added: "I've been playing some rough mixes [of 'Space Invader'] for friends. The first remark out of them is, 'Wow, your vocals sound like they did on the '78 record.' My voice hasn't changed, unlike other members of KISS. Got a little dig in there, Paul." Ace Frehley will participate in the 2014 Revolver Golden Gods awards show by presenting the Dimebag Darrell "Best Guitarist" award alongside labelmate Zakk Wylde. The awards show will take place on April 23 at the Club Nokia Theater in Los Angeles.

More...