Active Monitor opinions/suggestions

Radd

Self Portrait
Jul 19, 2005
NJ
www.soundclick.com
I'm looking to get a pair of active/powered monitors within the $1,000 range.
They will be my main monitors. The only reference I'll be using will be headphones. My room is an average to large size bedroom.

I'm particularly interested in the DYNAUDIO BM6A's.
Also in the back of mind I'm considering the-
BMA5A
Event TR8
Mackie 824 & 624

I really don't want to buy a subwoofer or an amp for passives but I have an open mind and maybe could be talked into.
Does anyone have any opinions on these, particularly the DYNAUDIO BM6A's?

Mann PMA6. Stereo pair for $300AUD. It's quite honestly the best investment I've made to-date. These monitors have helped me achieve new levels in mixing, and I quite honestly feel a lot more comfortable mixing here in my bedroom than most studio facilities I've been to.

Don't let the low price deceive you - they're fantastic.

I love the Mackie HR824s and have used them for several years. My room is small as well and these work fine. Great monitors.

Steve

hey man. i have the event tr8s and im really happy with them. i have a pretty small control room(16x9) and they seem to work pretty good. that said, i am looking to upgrade to some dynaudio monitors as soon as i can. they sound great, super tight and clear. i will be looking to get either the eight or ten inch woofer versions. ive had a couple of pairs of under eight inch woofer monitors before and imho they just dont get the low end represented well enough. i personally just like the way a bigger monitor responds to lower frequencies. but, you can get used to just about any speakers so, its really subjective and personal. just listen to as many as you can and get the ones that have the characteristics that you like.