Adagio news

ConnieOH

Metal Lover in Ohio
May 9, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
www.last.fm
From their Facebook page;

ADAGIO Adagio have officially decided to separate from singer Christian Palin. Stéphan Forté says: "We have had no other choice but to separate from Christian Palin this morning. That is a decision we needed to take as soon as possible for the best of Adagio. We have no hard feelings towards him and wish him all the best for the future. More news very soon...."

Too bad, they had a good thing going on the last album. I though Christian sounded a lot like the previous singer, which made you be able to listen to older stuff without feeling like it was a different band. Hopefully they can find someone else who fits just as well.

I don't know, I'm starting to think the problem might be with Stephan Forte. He's a great guy but apparently tough to work with. I could be wrong though.

Disappointing to say the least. Christian Palin was a great fit considering he did have a similar style as Gus, but I feel as if he had more of an eerie scream. I can't say I can picture any other vocal style with Adagio as I'm not a big fan of their first efforts with the other guy.

Mats Leven sings with adagio now thats a good thing

Yep, just saw this. Not sure I can imagine Mats with Adagio's music, though I am a fan of both. Here's what's on their facebook:

We are very pleased to announce that Swedish singer Mats Levén (Ex Malmsteen/Thérion) will join Adagio for their upcoming European tour in support to Kamelot.

Stéphan: "Mats is an incredible singer and performer, with a tremendous technique. His unique tone, both aggressive and melodic, fits Adagio's music wondefully. So, we're very much looking forward to meeting all of you guys next month on the tour with Kamelot.....We're fuckin' impatient to share a dark musical moment with you !!"

Yep, just saw this. Not sure I can imagine Mats with Adagio's music, though I am a fan of both. Here's what's on their facebook:

We are very pleased to announce that Swedish singer Mats Levén (Ex Malmsteen/Thérion) will join Adagio for their upcoming European tour in support to Kamelot.

Stéphan: "Mats is an incredible singer and performer, with a tremendous technique. His unique tone, both aggressive and melodic, fits Adagio's music wondefully. So, we're very much looking forward to meeting all of you guys next month on the tour with Kamelot.....We're fuckin' impatient to share a dark musical moment with you !!"

I think vocally, Mats will be perfect fit in terms of range and color.