Adam D and Jesse Leach new proj.

Christ, I hate it when bands go "yeah, this was a very spiritual time for me, I had a lot going on in my life blah blah blah slit, slit, write in my diary with my own blood" kinda shit.

Ughh yeah, while I don't mind Christian bands as such, the whole "THIS IS A CHRISTIAN ALBUM WITH CHRISTIAN THEMES" thing is getting seriously cliche and out of hand.

Christ, I hate it when bands go "yeah, this was a very spiritual time for me, I had a lot going on in my life blah blah blah slit, slit, write in my diary with my own blood" kinda shit.

this. for sneap's sake, everytime a musician has a bad time he prays and gets over it then makes an album about the light of christ?? I guess it doesn't fit in your head that maybe you just RELAXED THE FUCK DOWN AND GOT OVER IT BY YOURSELF?

I was reading an interview with mustaine and ellefson in a metal hammer yesterday, all they say "we are united by faith now, and faith makes us bigger and write cool albums, and all our bad times are behind us now cause faith unites us" man am I getting sick of this

I mean, it could be really good... I'm not saying it's Alive or Just Breathing 2.0 but if Adam is creative and Jesse has energy, I will probably like it regardless of the message. Plenty of tough guy music that people dig with a worse message out there. Plus, Adam is a super nice guy. Anyone who is as visually animated as he could have some interesting stuff to write about. Not an Adam D fan boy but I will say that there is certainly a fair share of negative remarks around the existance of this project coming from a group that practices their playing and mixing skills off of the wares of Adam's hands.

Times of Grace is a goofy name, and the press release's talk of a "new direction" and not treading familiar ground almost guarantees this will not be that new or original. That said, I am interested to hear it, even though I'm not a big fan of anything KsE related.

I was reading an interview with mustaine and ellefson in a metal hammer yesterday, all they say "we are united by faith now, and faith makes us bigger and write cool albums, and all our bad times are behind us now cause faith unites us" man am I getting sick of this

:lol:

Should be interesting to hear anyways. Jesse is obviously in a good place right now and all working out with Adam, should be fun to listen to anyway. I'm sure jesse can pull it off. And really, I couldn't care less if it's 'faith' that motivates a guy, fuck it, they're making music aren't they.. it's like sooking about black metal bands doing it for satan :p relax and enjoy the music! Unless it sucks :)

Don't get my wrong guys, I love Jesse's work - his vox and lyrics with The Empire Shall Fall are simply awe-inspiring and I still listen to Alive Or Just Breathing (it's the only KSE LP I like).

But I hate when the reason for the message over-shadows the actual message itself, which is what this press release did.

Well, regardless of how any of you feel about Christianity, if this project is really as sincere for Jesse and Adam as the press release makes it out to be, you will likely be able to hear the sincerity in the writing/performance of it. Sincerity generally translates into good art, when the right creative person/people are behind it...