Addictive drums mix test

Potshot

Aug 26, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
Harro all, I just got XLN audio's Addictive Drums and thought I'd bang up a quick mix I did, felt like doing something Biohazard/groove-y :)

I used Deadstar's preset with some minor tweaking, which kicks fantastic amounts of ass, nice work on that Deadstar!

I find these drums to be a lot more realistic and easier to work with than drumkit from hell, only problem is they aren't mapped to GM so it can be annoying shifting songs over to it.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

http://users.tpg.com.au/scallen/untitled.mp3

Oh and guitar chain was an ESP custom with a JB in the bridge, into my 6505, green channel with MXR GT-OD in front > Framus cab, v30's with a single SM57 recording the output, double tracked.

If you use Nuendo/Cubase you can find the GM map adapter for AD on the XLN Audio web site, somewhere... I think in the user area or the forum, in the utility section...

Crushing guitar sound, but I think I hear some kind of overcompression in the mix...

Yeah I found that just after I'd posted, just chopped up and used loops from the library to test it quickly for this one.

Probably driving the master bus compression a bit too hard, will have to adjust that