Adrian has a new side project

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
IRON MAIDEN, SIKTH Members Join Forces In New 'Supergroup' - Nov. 23, 2010

According to AlternatorGigs.co.uk, three members of SIKTH — including dreadlocked frontman Mikee W. Goodman — and Adrian Smith, guitarist of IRON MAIDEN, have joined forces along with members of MURDER ONE and VACANT STARE to form a new "metal supergroup." The band will make its live debut on Saturday, January 15 in High Wycombe at Bucks Student Union.

The full band lineup is:

* Mikee W. Goodman (SIKTH) - Vocals
* Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN) - Guitar
* Dan Marshall (MURDER ONE) - Guitar
* James Leach (SIKTH) - Bass
* Dan Foord (SIKTH) - Drums
* James Manning (VACANT STARE) - Keyboards, Backing Vocals

Never heard of those other dudes. Seems like an interesting time for him to be sinking teeth into something else, though I guess Nicko has always been jamming his cover shit and whatnot the last so many years.

IRON MAIDEN Guitarist's Side Project Cancels Debut Gig - Nov. 25, 2010

Three members of SIKTH — including dreadlocked frontman Mikee W. Goodman — and Adrian Smith, guitarist of IRON MAIDEN, have joined forces along with members of MURDER ONE and VACANT STARE to form a new "metal supergroup" dubbed THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION. The band was originally supposed to make its live debut on Saturday, January 15 in High Wycombe at Bucks Student Union, but that show has since been canceled.

THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION is:

* Mikee W. Goodman (SIKTH) - Vocals
* Adrian Smith (IRON MAIDEN) - Guitar
* Dan Marshall (MURDER ONE) - Guitar
* James Leach (SIKTH) - Bass
* Dan Foord (SIKTH) - Drums
* James Manning (VACANT STARE) - Keyboards, Backing Vocals

A new posting on the official IRON MAIDEN web site reads as follows:

"Following the many news stories and speculation on metal websites around the world over the last couple of days, Adrian called and asked us to explain to you fans more fully about his involvement with THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION, his current side project outside of MAIDEN.

"In between MAIDEN tours, Adrian continues to enjoy writing and playing the guitar; a couple of years ago he got together with his mate Mikee Goodman to write some songs and see where it led. Liking the results, they have been recording on and off since then and an album of this material — under the working title of THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION — may well see the light of day at some point in the future.

"Adrian was keen to stress that THE PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION is not a band, but a studio project with Mikee. The pair had been planning a one-off 'under the radar' gig at the Wycombe Bucks Student Union, along with some fellow musician friends, mainly for fun and also to try out some of the material live. However, due to the show being inadvertently advertised, it has since become unviable to proceed with this idea. Full refunds are available from point of purchase for anyone who bought tickets.

"Adrian would like to make it clear he has no touring plans at the moment other than those with IRON MAIDEN, who embark on an extensive world tour in early 2011."

I guess it is going to be hard for him to organise time for this project at the moment.

As for the Iommi, McBrain, Jon Lord and Ian Gillan thing, they are recording a new song or two as well, written by Iommi and Gillan I think.

IRON MAIDEN Guitarist ADRIAN SMITH Writing Music With INXS Singer - Dec. 1, 2010

J.D. Fortune, the Canadian singer who is back fronting the Australian rock band INXS on the road, told the QMI Agency in a recent interview that he has been writing tunes with IRON MAIDEN guitarist Adrian Smith, and that one of his songs has been picked up by producer Jerry Bruckheimer for a movie. No further details are currently available.

That is unexpected. Odd.

Ah nuts, I was about to post a new thread about that. Even had a title for it - "Adrian Smith and JD Fortune - together at last!"

I only just heard about Black Country Communion by chance.
Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Derek Sherinian, and Joe Bonamassa.
Haven't heard of the last dude but the first three is enough for it to be one of the more interesting "supergroups" to crop up lately...

It's a great album, Ferret. I'd heard of Joe but hadn't heard anything until this. Great stuff. It's very much the Hughes and Bonamassa show.

Also, I didn't know that Nicko was teaming up with Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi and Jason Newstead either...
WHOCARES — what hides behind this new band name is in fact the renewed musical union between legendary DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan and none other than BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi: the undisputed master of heavy guitar riffs. The duo has recorded two brand new songs with the intent to support the rebuilding of a music school in Gyumri, Armenia.

Both Gillan and Iommi have spent a lot of time in Armenia, fallen in love with the country and the people and have dedicated a lot of work to a nation still shocked after the earthquake that struck Armenia on December 7, 1988.

The collaboration of Gillan and Iommi, who have worked together before on the SABBATH album "Born Again", is in itself an incredible news for all rock and metal fans and will be the best of surprises to get to know who is completing the band: None other than Jon Lord ("Mr. Hammond", partner with Gillan on all the DEEP PURPLE classics), IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted and HIM guitarist player Mikko "Linde" Lindström are also featured on the two new songs.

WHOCARES will release "Out Of My Mind" and "Holy Water" on digital download and limited-edition CD single on May 6: The CD single will also contain the video clip of "Out Of My Mind" and a 40-minute documentary that shows Gillan's and Iommi's involvement with the Armenia cause over the years.

"Out Of My Mind" recording lineup:

* Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
* Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
* Jason Newsted (METALLICA, VOIVOD, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM) - Bass
* Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN) - Drums
* Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE) - Keyboards
* Mikko "Linde" Lindström (HIM) - Guitar

"Holy Water" recording lineup:

* Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) - Vocals
* Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH) - Guitar
* Steve Morris - Guitar
* Michael Lee Jackson - Guitar