Advice from a UK fan?

gorobschnitt

Nov 12, 2009
Peterborough, UK
This is my first post to the forum so not even sure this is in the correct place! Anyhow, I'm thinking of coming over from dear old 'Blighty' for my my first trip to USA especially for the weekend.

I need to get a ticket quick before they all sell but I note they are only for the main two days. Are the mid-week event and showcase sold somewhere else??

Anyone give me advise on where to stay that wont cost a fortune??

Anyone going from the UK??

Thanks for your patience guys!

The Wednesday and Thursday tickets are sold at the same place but are not available yet. I think they usually go on sale around April or so (I might be wrong on that though).

There are several hotels close by. I always stay The Artmore, but I think that is already sold out. Someone else will give you good advice on hotels.

Cheers and Welcome

The Super 8 is not exactly a luxury hotel, but it's not too bad, it's affordable, and it's walking distance to the venue (and a short hop to a lot of restaurants in the other direction). I have every intention of returning next year and it did not fill up last year. (My memory estimates the cost approximated 58 pounds per night for me)

The fact that Atlanta's transit system passes right through the airport makes figuring out how to get around a breeze. Once you're off the plane and into the airport in general, just follow the metal t-shirts :) You'll see people coming in from all over no matter what day you arrive that week.

To expand on that, Atlanta's airport has a subway stop right in the terminal complex...it's the southern terminus of the North-South rail-line. So it's quite easy to get from the airport to the venue and hotels: get on any train leaving the airport and exit at the Arts Center station. The ride will normally take about a half-hour, I think.

The Super 8 is probably your best bet for walkably-close accomodations that won't completely break your budget. It's also fairly close to restaurants and grocery shopping on Peachtree Street.