advice

alphamale

John Doe
Aug 7, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
i have this list of bands i wanna check out but i don't know where to start so perhaps someone could tell me which ones are not worth my time so that i know where not to start..thanks
Lilitu
Garden of Shadows
Mastodon
Aborym
Maudlin of da Well
Rain Fell Within
Phlebotomized
Moontower
Stonehenge
Zero Hour
Psychotic Waltz
Magnitude 9
Psycho Drama

Maudlin of da Well..... YES! buy all their albums immediately. they are fucking great.

Rain Fell Within..... kinda avant-garde and doomy. i was never impressed. typically annoying female operatic vocals and cheesy synth.

Moontower..... you mean dan swano's solo project? if so, yes, get it: it's agreat album.

Zero Hour... pretty funky heavy prog rock. little slow at times.

Lilitu I like alot but I havent heard their new cd, just the Earth Gods which is more or less demo stuff.

Aborym's Fire Walk with Us fuckin rocks! :headbang:

Rain Fell Within is good if you like female vocals and you like music in the vein of Nightwish.

Zerohour's The Towers of Avarice is a friggin awesome prog metal album.

Dont know about the others except I think Maudlin of the Well sucks.

Psychotic Waltz! Great Band with some great lyrics...

The beginning of mastodon-shadows that move is funny...the rest of the song is boring though;)

hmm..seems like maudlin gets the most extreme reviews..and rain fell within seems like a huge no-no..cheesy metal..reminds me of sonata artica...they are just too bloody melodic!

Psychotic Waltz are fucking amazing, Progressive and groundbreaking.

Zero Hour are like someone mentioned great prog with great moments (Not a so-called Dream Theater clone).

Also Magnitude 9 are great! Extremely melodic in the vein of Iron Maiden and Queensryche. They do have some poppy moments but that doesnt get in the way of being a really great band.

Lilitu - AWESOME!!!! Buy "The Earth Gods" and "Memorial" right now!
Garden of Shadows - Pretty good. Very melodic, but the ultra deathy vocals don't fit.
Mastodon - Yuck.
Maudlin of da Well - Alot of people love them. What I've heard was just too odd for me. I need to hear more of them, though.
Rain Fell Within - Eh. Female fronted. Nothing special.
Zero Hour - AMAZING prog band. "Towers of Avarice" is one of the top prog albums ever.