Aeon Zen - Ephemera

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I'm surprised the prog loving hordes here haven't posted about the Brits yet. After one listen this album is mightily heavy and easily one of the heaviest prog metal albums ever released. In fact I would say this album is hugely influenced by the Djent scene now. The guitars are very djentrified at times. The vocals are very good now with the new singer. I feel their songwriting can tend to meander a little but that's prog metal for you. That opening riff in the lead single is like a grinding cog twisting and bending you into submission! They are actually supporting Voyager here in a few weeks which makes sense as the two bands are very similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a chance to taken in the whole album yet but it was always a blind buy for me
Gonna snag it from Lance next Friday.

Thanks for the mention! We are quite proud. here's hoping we get to come to PPUSA some time. (Next year?)

We'll have to 'make do' with PPE for now :headbang::kickass:

Though, I have to say - I don't remember being 'the new singer' :Smokedev:

This is one of the cd's I haven't gotten around to yet from the "progpower haul", but I plan to.
I'm still stuck on Evergrey "Hymns For the Broken" and all three Vangough cd's have been in heavy rotation so far also.