AEROSMITH's 'Farewell' Tour Will Last A 'Few Years'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told Ultimate Classic Rock in a new interview that the band's "farewell" tour will last for a very long time. "The feeling is, right now is gonna be in semi-tour mode for the next few years," Perry said. "We'll be taking time off here and there, but we really want to play some of the places that we've maybe played once before, maybe never before. Kind of go around and hit all the spots you can." The guitarist, however, stopped short of putting an end date on AEROSMITH's final trek, explaining: "We're much closer to the end than the beginning. I'm not going to say this is — after the U.S. tour that we'll never play the States again. I'm not going to say that. I feel like, at this point, every show could be the last show. You just don't know. … I always have this attitude, it's gotta be as good as it can be that day. That said, we don't have a day planned where we say 'Okay, this is the last show.' You can't picture that. On the other hand, I know there will be a last show just like there's a one last time for everything in life." Perry also left the door open for new music from AEROSMITH, although it's not clear what form such a release would take. "I've been talking to Steven [Tyler, vocals] a little bit about going into the studio and maybe even just getting one or two new songs," Perry said. "But I also know we're going to be looking at some of the archives and pulling out some of the more outtake things and some live stuff — stuff we've never recorded. So, I don't know. I'd like to think we'd get at least one more going into the studio." Last fall, AEROSMITH announced what was being billed as the band's "farewell" tour of Europe — with an opening stop in Israel thrown in for good measure. The group announced the 2017 "Aero-Vederci Baby!" European tour in November, posting on its Aerosmith.com site: "AEROSMITH will return across the Atlantic with one of the greatest rock shows ever seen and will undoubtedly be the ultimate must see event of 2017 as the band embark upon this, their 'farewell' tour, saying 'Aero-Vederci Baby!'" In addition to Israel, AEROSMITH's spring and summer dates will hit Georgia, Russia, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, England, Ireland, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland. Tyler and Perry announced the tour via a fake newscast video featuring "The Toxic Twins" portraying cable TV anchors.

Continue reading...