AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY Cast In Motion Picture 'Cottonwood'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has been cast in the motion picture "Cottonwood". Joe is slated to play the character of Joe Walker in this murder-mystery set in West Texas during the depression and dustbowl era. "Cottonwood" tells the story of a county sheriff, Rube Whitlock, who becomes embroiled in the murder of a local racist. Additional cast members are Anthony Michael Hall (also producing), Academy Award-winning actor Louis Gossett, Jr., Alison Eastwood and Ethan Suplee. "Cottonwood" is inspired by true events, based on a book written by singer/songwriter Stacy Dean Campbell, producer of the Emmy Award-winning television series "Bronco Roads" and the new CW network series "Troubadour, Texas". "I look forward to Joe's role in the film," says producer Julie Campbell, "as well as his contribution to the soundtrack." AEROSMITH's music has been featured in such films as "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", "The Fighter", "Red", "Sex In The City", "Charlie’s Angels", "Armageddon", and "Mrs. Doubtfire". Last year, Perry wrapped up another world tour with AEROSMITH. He is currently putting the finishing touches on his autobiography and is looking forward to his role in "Cottonwood". “I am extremely proud and excited to be a part of this very distinguished, heartfelt film and to work with the outstanding cast and production team," he said. For more information about "Cottonwood", visit the film's web site at www.cottonwoodfilm.com.

More...