AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY Has Six Songs He Is 'Really Excited About' For His Next Solo Al

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry says that he has "about six songs" he is "really excited about" that he plans to include on his next solo album, tentatively due in 2015.The legendary axeman, whose long-awaited memoir, "Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith", is slated to hit shelves on October 7 via Simon & Schuster, tells ARTISTdirect that he will promote the book with a "month of signings" before he returns to work on the solo CD, Perry's follow-up to 2009's "Have Guitar, Will Travel". "I want to get into [work on the new solo album] as soon as possible," he said. "That's the main focus now."He added: "We're thinking of different ways to use the Internet to promote [my memoir]. We're giving away four free songs if you buy the book. I think they'll be really representative of some of my solo work. The record company was amenable, and they've been helpful along the line. Simon & Schuster has been really good. After that, I've got the record that's right under my skin. I can't wait to get back to it."As for a possible follow-up to 2012's "Music From Another Dimension!" — AEROSMITH's first studio album in eight years and a project the guitarist doesn't feel has gotten its fair due — Perry said: "Well, it's crazy. There was a hurricane that week 'Music from Another Dimension!' came out. The president of the label left three weeks before it came out. We had a song on the 'G.I. Joe' movie, and they pulled the movie to go back and film it in 3D. Meanwhile, we found this out when we driving to play the new song on 'American Idol'. We got a phone call the whole campaign was being pulled. It was, like, 'Yeah, but we're playing the single this afternoon.' It was one of those things. "The way the media is driven now, it's always about something new. Tomorrow, it's a whole different headline. "There are some really good songs on that record. I think it's one of the best we've done in a long time. "I think we should stick to our guns and keep making records like that and promote them our own way. Now that we're off the label, we'll figure out our own way. "I really don't know what's coming up next. I know Steven [Tyler, vocals] wants to do a solo record. "Maybe next year AEROSMITH will get together and do another record. We'll see."

More...