After spending 2 nights with various software guitar sims....

gemini8026

always a n00b
Aug 15, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
www.jeffwizniak.com
Sorry for a redundant pointless thread, but I really appreciate when guys are making such great freeware plugz!

Myself and another friend plowed through everything....

I am not biased

I have decent gear

for High gain sounds....

I can honestly say Lepou's SoloC head with the default ALU impulse's and TSS secret is the best sounding to my ears. It blows me away how great these freeware vst's sound!

Thats trying Guitar Rig 3, Guitar Rig 4, Amplitube 2, Amplitube MEtal, Metal Amp Room, Lepou's other plugs, Simuanalog, Revalver 2/3.

Can you believe this is free?!? After spending a lot of money on Cubase 5, Superior 2.0, my hardware, Waves SSL, I can honestly say this is the bargain of the decade for somethign that works and sounds so great. Combined with a gate, and some freeware plugs, theres NO need to spend the big bucks.

Lepou fanboy <----

Guitar Rig 3 and 4 really aren't great for metal at all.
Revalver is seriously fucking amazing though, but then again so is 8505, and the Lepou stuff.

And don't forget the original Wagner Sharp! To me, it simply works everywhere. SoloC can be a bit shrill, while the Wagner Sharp has really good presence and smoothness, while retaining a nice attack. Enough that I've been trying to find the real thing (Bogner Triple Giant) :cool:

And don't forget the original Wagner Sharp! To me, it simply works everywhere. SoloC can be a bit shrill, while the Wagner Sharp has really good presence and smoothness, while retaining a nice attack. Enough that I've been trying to find the real thing (Bogner Triple Giant) :cool:

I also prefer the original Wagner to MKII.