Agalloch - The "White" e.p.

Well... Fuck. I guess I should cancel my order from CD universe?

Hard to say-- they may be getting a handful-- it's out of print from Vendlus, the people who put it out, but a chunk of their copies went/are going to other distros.

A buddy in Seattle who still hasn't received his preorder direct from Vendlus yet saw 10 copies in a store there this week....

ehh, I usually really enjoy Agalloch's stuff but this just sounds like filler to me. I'm really fucking annoyed at either vendlus or the postal service as well, when I pay money for a cd I expect it to be intact, not to literally crumble into about 5 pieces as I open the package.

What do you guys think of Don Anderson's band Sculptured? Embodiment is my album of the year so far, awesome stuff. Fans of artists like Cynic, Athiest and Mike Patton should really give them a listen if you haven't already.

I'd like to get this album but perhaps it's too late... it puzzles me as to why a band like Agalloch, which is well known as far this sort of music goes, always releases such limited numbers of eps/albums. If they're selling out this quick, surely they could sell more and get their music out to a few more dedicated fans.

Got both Sculptured cds yesterday. The Agalloch was sent 10 days ago by TER.

What do you guys think of Don Anderson's band Sculptured? Embodiment is my album of the year so far, awesome stuff. Fans of artists like Cynic, Athiest and Mike Patton should really give them a listen if you haven't already.

Nice to see some Sculptured fans on here! I think a lot of Agalloch fans expect Sculptured to sound similar and just don't get them.

Got both Sculptured cds yesterday. The Agalloch was sent 10 days ago by TER.

Theirs actually 3 Sculptured albums -

The Spear of the Lily is Aureoled
Apollo Ends
Embodiment

Have people who ordered from the ends' website got their copys yet? I havent :(

and the original Wicker Man rules! such a classic!

I got back from Italy the other day, and The White was waiting for me. After listening twice, I can say that its one of the best 30 minutes of music I've heard in a long time.

Italy :headbang::kickass::headbang: Man. It has been 10 years since I was last there. Hmm... vacation 2009!

I got back from Italy the other day, and The White was waiting for me. After listening twice, I can say that its one of the best 30 minutes of music I've heard in a long time.

I finally received mine today ( + the Vendlus sampler c.d. ) :)
Good... Better than the Grey E.P. for sure !

However... Of stone, Wind and Pillor is definitely their best E.P.
I really like their cover of Sol Invictus - "Kneel to the cross" ...

I really like their cover of Sol Invictus - "Kneel to the cross" ...

that was the first song i heard by them and it was on snakenet radio... i looked for the white album at the record store but didnt see it and i met up with the ex-guitarist of anal blast (last band i would expect to meet a member from) and he reccomended me "mutant - the aeonic majesty"... that shit wakes you up in the morning way better than coffee can or will

^ Really? That band is so hit and miss with me. I have their whole discography, listened to quite a bit. Some songs are just weird and bore me, others are fantastic. I absolutely love their Thrones album, its brilliant.