age old question....

EnthroneDarknessTriumphant

Obsess and destroy
Oct 16, 2002
Show Low, Az
Visit site
I've been in this argument with my friends for the past week, and i was wondering what your guy's opinion on it was.

whos better George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher, or Chris Barnes??

my personal opinion is Corpsegrinder, Barnes was great in Cannibal Corpse, but Six Feet under is lame as hell.

Chris Barnes. Although I didn't see them live with him, but with Corpsegrinder. But after he left, I stopped listening to them anyway.

Corpse Grinder's ability for fast syllables and long patented screams declare he is the death metal vulture for Cannibal Corpse and fits in to the newer material rather than Barnes 1, 2, 3 grunt patterns. Barnes was excellent for the earlier stages of Cannibal Corpse where their brutality came in best. CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE, Fernando Ribeiro /MOONSPELL/, Nick Holmes /PARADISE LOST/, Alex Webster /CANNIBAL CORPSE/, Abbath /IMMORTAL/

30_2.jpg

http://music.com.ua/photoarchive/3 More Pictures Here

Sick heartfelt Bloodbath interview with Anders Nyström Click Here

Barnes. Haven't listened to them since then. Well, I had Vile (Ithink that was the name....?) and it was ok... Like the old stuff better though. The only two CC CD's I even own anymore are The Bleeding and the Hammer Smashed Face EP.

I guess it worked out for the better though, now that I think about it... Barnes' "gurgling the bong water" vocals kicked in after the departure from CC anyway, so they didn't lose much, and Monstrosity got twice as good (at least) without Fisher.

Originally posted by VEHEMENCE
Corpse Grinder's ability for fast syllables and long patented screams declare he is the death metal vulture for Cannibal Corpse and fits in to the newer material rather than Barnes 1, 2, 3 grunt patterns. Barnes was excellent for the earlier stages of Cannibal Corpse where their brutality came in best. CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE, Fernando Ribeiro /MOONSPELL/, Nick Holmes /PARADISE LOST/, Alex Webster /CANNIBAL CORPSE/, Abbath /IMMORTAL/

30_2.jpg

http://music.com.ua/photoarchive/3 More Pictures Here

Sick heartfelt Bloodbath interview with Anders Nyström Click Here
i dunno why, but that picture fucks with my head for some reason ...:lol:

Chris Barnes. He is very brutal. His enunciation/rhythmic choices are perfectly memorable. The lowest growl. But for mid-range and screams/drawn out mids I have to go with Corpsegrinder. As far as song writing I think earlier era cannibal is far superior. That equals 4 points for Barnes era and 2 for the 'grinder. But they will always be an important band in extreme metal.
captions for the metal pic:
moonspell dude: Is that the singer for depeche mode over there?
paradise lost dude: Yeah thats him right there, look at his ass in those sexy leather pants!
Alex Webster: ...dont you hate it when the drugstore is out of white and black paint, man that sucks, huh?
Abbath:mmmmmmm
:lol: :lol: :) :worship: :worship: :worship: :zombie: