Ahoy there, mateys - here be a survey for ye!! Arr!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
1. Did you wear a black armband when they shot the man who said, "Peace could last forever"?

2. What's the ringtone on your mobile?

3. Is aluminium and aluminum the same thing?

4. Wacko Jacko - will he get off, so to speak?

5. Why is it that Bruce Dickinson rejoining Iron Maiden didn't get as much press that Rob Halford rejoining Judas Priest seems to be getting?

6. Why has Spawn been so quiet lately? Theories, please.

7. Whose overseas adventure are we more excited about - Blitzy's Belgian Graspop thing, or Coops's's NASA mission to the moon and beyond?

8. Which of these is LEAST likely to happen?

a) Bruce leaves Maiden again to concentrate on his solo career
b) Paul & Gene call it a day, but Kiss continues with replacements
c) People stop whinging about Eric and Tommy from Kiss being "imposters"
d) Dave Murray leaves Iron Maiden, for whatever reason
e) Glenn Hughes releases a dud album
f) Chinese Democracy is released... actually, scrap that one

9. Who will win the NRL grand final this year?

10. Who will win the AFL grand final this year?

1. Did you wear a black armband when they shot the man who said, "Peace could last forever"?
nope, never have worn one as yet.

Just the normal ring...can't change our phone, 'cause it's 100years old.

yep...now that the official Oz spelling for sulphur has been changed to "sulfur", expect us to drop the "i" anytime soon....and change to nukular.

I personally beleive that he has already "gotten off" a number of times, but that will be decided in court.

5. Why is it that Bruce Dickinson rejoining Iron Maiden didn't get as much press that Rob Halford rejoining Judas Priest seems to be getting?
Dunno...I think that people expected Bruce to come back once he had done a few things on his own.

Dunno

7. Whose overseas adventure are we more excited about - Blitzy's Belgian Graspop thing, or Coops's's NASA mission to the moon and beyond?
Mission to the moon...that was my favourite Simpsons episode.

c

The what ?

Mighty 'Dons

I haven't worn one either.

It used to be The Final Countdown for a long while, but I haven't gotten around to putting anything on my current phone, so it is a standard Ericsson polyphonic, called 'digital rain' I believe. Annoying, but less annoying than the rest on there.

No. Aluminum...thats just stoopid.

I am not sure if he will be found guilty or not. I believe he is being played by this family this time around, whether he has done anything in the past or not, this family is trying to take him for a ride, and I hope it is seen that way.

I hadn't thought about this until now, but my first notion is that when Bruce left, Maiden were really past their peak (as much as I like Fear Of The Dark as an album). When Rob left, it was just after the bands best album, so having Rob return may see the return of classic stuff like Painkiller.

I don't know, but I certainly would like to find out. The thought that it could be something strange intrigues me, but in reality, I think he is probably just spending more time on things that aren't a PC.

Assuming Coops smuggles some potato chips into the shuttle, he wins hands down, but if it is a contest between me having a ball at a metal festival, and Coops just doing a whole lot of chemistry theory and shit, then I win.

d

NR..L? Wha?

Quite possibly Geelong. I think it could likely come down to Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Was that John Lennon? I think I was too young to think of anything like that. If it wasn't him then the answer is still no. Unless it happened while I was in year 11 at school cos I was metal as all fuck then and wore a black studded wristband everywhere.

P.I.M.P by 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg! hahaha

i think aluminum is american made aluminium or something.

This one is too tough to call. He's definately a freak, but the accusers also seem to be a bunch of opportunistic money grubbers... so that could be 'reasonable doubt' right there.

I thought it got more. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

It could only be voodoo.

Personally I'm more excited about my trip to Cairns in a couple of weeks. Both of those are hella cool though.

I dunno, who's playing?

I think you all know my policy. Never talk to me about AFL again.

I did wear a black ribbon once, but that was more personal, so no.

Nothing noteworthy

No.

Couldn't care less.

Same reason Christ gets more press than Buddha.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hey! It's my adventure too!

All or none of the above, dunno.

Don't care.

Will watch, but don't care.

They shot who in the what now?

Muppet Show theme

Yes, but "aluminum" is the stupid, ignorant American spelling :mad:

Either way, his career's over. If he goes to the slammer he won't last ten minutes before hanging himself with a bedsheet.

I don't know :confused: The Priest reunion made it to CNN and I only heard about Maiden through word of electronic mouth. Bizarre, ain't it?

He leaves the 'net on in the background while he does other things and doesn't bother posting here or updating his journal.

Both sound pretty cool to me.

F

Ask somebody who cares

Ditto

W

I was 11, and didn't even know who he was really, so no.

Don't have a mobile phone.

Yes.

Everyone wants to see him take a fall, and his career is over anyway, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

Probably because Bruce and Maiden weren't apart that long and it seemed inevitable that it would happen, whereas both Priest and Halford maintained right up until the reunion happened that there would be no reunion.

On one of his last journal entries, he said "It's amazing how much more time you have" when he's not on the Net all the time. I was going to ask him what, exactly, he was going to spend all his extra time doing, but he hasn't been around since then so I probably wouldn't have got an answer. Maybe he's spending more time watching TV.

I think Coops' trip will be more world-changing, but Blitzy could always do something spectacular also, like run on stage naked, or something.

d

The Bulldogs will make it back-to-back premierships

Melbourne will do it for Troy.

Isn't 'aluminum' the correct spelling, with the 'num' being changed to 'nium' to make it sound more like plutionium, calcium, etc. I'm sure it's in Bill Bryson's "Big Book Of Shit About Stuff" or whatever it was called.

No but I remeber my mum was really upset.
It has been disconected for failure to pay my last 4 bills.
Yes just different people using it.
His going away for a long time and will be a statistic of the system.
It was more surprising with Rob than Brucey!
Maybe just maybe he has taken some of our well intended advice and gotten a smidgen of a life outside the net.
Coop's his gonna save the world ala "Armagedon" style.

the Dogs I guess I still don't really get the game or see the point even with Brian watching it and explaing when I ask dumb questions.
As Brian said Melbourne Demons....they will do it for Troy!:headbang:

No. I wasn't born in 1963. Everybody realises that they're talking about Martin Luther King, don't they? Not John Lennon?

The dance bit in Dance of Death

Probably.

Even if he does he's finished. So it doesn't really matter.

Dunno. Although I seem to remember more about Bruce, but that may have been because I was more excited about that.

He's been possessed by the ghost of "getting off the internet and going outside". Lucky bastard.

Both sound boring and a waste of time. I'm not even jealous a little bit.

b) Gene ould sue their arses off.

Umm...Broncos?

Umm...Broncos?

phlogiston said:

No. I wasn't born in 1963. Everybody realises that they're talking about Martin Luther King, don't they? Not John Lennon?

Actually I was never sure. I always thought it was about King, but Lennon fits also. King wasn't shot in '63 anyway, but what always got me was the next line: "In my first memories they shot Kennedy". How could he have remembered that?

Goreripper said:
Actually I was never sure. I always thought it was about King, but Lennon fits also. King wasn't shot in '63 anyway, but what always got me was the next line: "In my first memories they shot Kennedy". How could he have remembered that?

Ah yeah. I misread 1968. I still wasn't alive but.

And maybe he meant Robert Kennedy?