Air Bruce saves the day

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
World Entertainment News Network reports that IRON MAIDEN singer and qualified pilot Bruce Dickinson airlifted 200 British citizens who had fled war torn Beirut, Lebanon back to the U.K. yesterday (July 20). The 47-year-old flew a Boeing 757 to Cyprus where he picked up the evacuees and flew them back to London's Gatwick Airport. A colleague says, "He was only too keen to get involved and help. "He has a strong interest in the welfare of people caught up in international conflicts and cares about what is going on."

Fly on your way like an eagle
Fly as high as the sun
On your wings like an eagle
Fly and touch the sun

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high.

Imagine if you're a Maiden fan, trying to get safely out of a country, and you find out your pilot is Bruce? That would be cool.....

J-Dubya

'Here I am to save the day... this means that mighty BRUCE is on his way!!"

Awesome! (Unlike our U.S. Govt. that says we are not in the business of providing airtravel, but if we do get you out it's okay, we'll bill you later.... )

Not only do I collect the Emo kid's heads, I also connect pieces if necessary.
(of course, it's from the original Dawn of the Dead movie, but I can dream, can't I?) :)

J-Dubya

kittybeast said:

The Mighty Mouse song awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Maiden's Dickinson saves the day for stranded Brits
By M&C News Jul 21, 2006, 17:42 GMT
http://people.monstersandcritics.co...ns_Dickinson_saves_the_day_for_stranded_Brits

Son of Worksop, Nottinghamshire, Iron Maiden singer and licensed pilot Bruce Dickinson has airlifted 200 British citizens back to the UK yesterday from war-torn Lebanon.

Renaissance rocker Dickinson, 47, flew a Boeing 757 to the island of Cyprus where he picked up the UK nationals and flew them to Gatwick Airport.

According to All Music Guide, “he was the most acclaimed and instantly recognizable vocalist to emerge from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement of the early-'80s.”

Dickinson made his recording debut with Iron Maiden on their Number of the Beast album in 1982.

Dickinson quit Iron Maiden in 1993 but rejoined the band in 1999.

According to his biography on Wikipedia, “his other interests include literature, writing, expert fencing, train technology and flying the Boeing 757 charter jets for the UK charter airline Astraeus where he is employed as First Officer. He was taught to fly by British Airways commercial pilot Captain Phil Dales.”

An unnamed colleague tells the wire service WENN, "He was only too keen to get involved and help. He has a strong interest in the welfare of people caught up in international conflicts and cares about what is going on."

Being that he's First Officer, this means he was actually the co-pilot on the flight; therefore, he's not Captain and not allowed to take command of the flight. Commendations go to him though for doing this. Not bad for a kid who once set booby traps for his classmates in boarding school and urinating in the headmaster's dinner. :lol:

kittybeast said:

Awesome! (Unlike our U.S. Govt. that says we are not in the business of providing airtravel, but if we do get you out it's okay, we'll bill you later.... )
Better than sticking the tax payers with the bill...which will happen. They get a free trip home on us and have the nerve to bitch about it.

TheWhisper said:
Better than sticking the tax payers with the bill...which will happen. They get a free trip home on us and have the nerve to bitch about it.

I agree with taxpayers not footing the bill, but damn where the F%$#@ does all our tax money go..jeeeez

OT: Los Angeles city council gives themselves ANOTHER 4.5% raise and at the end of the year gets another 4.5%...putting them at $163,000 a year salary...the highest in the nation. Of course the public is not allowed to attend the sessions where they vote on their raises. Myself, I think we (taxpayers) should have to approve any city officials payraise. They (city council) also love spending our tax dollars on themselves.

kittybeast said:
every time I hear it though it reminds me of Andy _____ (the immigrant mechanic from the sitcom Taxi) who did it as a skit on SNL.:lol:

Andy Kaufmann. The guy was a genius, I recommend for you to see "Man On The Moon" a movie about his biography. Although I basically can't stnd him, Jim Carrey does a great performance as Andy on it, and Courtney Love (she's a much better actress than musical performer) a very strong one as her wife.

Killers - 'Heavy Metal Kids'