AKERCOCKE Split With Guitarist - Nov. 24, 2004

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
AKERCOCKE Split With Guitarist - Nov. 24, 2004 The U.K. Satanic black/death metal band AKERCOCKE have parted ways with guitarist Paul Scanlan. "The other members of the band feel that an injection of new blood would be the best way to achieve maximum creativity shaping their second album for Earache Records," reads a posting on the group's web site. "Scanlan's contribution to the birth of the AKERCOCKE sound is inestimable and the band wish him all the best in his next project."

AKERCOCKE's most recent album, "Choronzon", was released in October 2003 via Earache. The CD was mixed at Sonic Ranch studios in Tornillo, Texas with producer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE) and features artwork by legendary U.K. rock photographer Fin Costello.

Wonder why he left? Hope everything is cool between the band members. Whatever happens, I'm sure Akercocke's next will be awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing them live again, hopefully. They totally killed when they with out with Vehemence.

Yeah everytime I talked with Paul he was complaining about how many people didnt come to shows here as much as the crowds they get in the U.K. then again we played in alot of weird places. He even took part in taking apart Andy's drums for the end of tour prank. The Cradle of Filith, Arch Enemy, Bleeding Through, Himsa show packed at least 1000 people, in the Marquee.

I think the AZ scene is gettting as big as the Los Angeles scene little by little. But yeah Paul rules, we all had a fun time touring with that character, from what I witnesed, the whole time he couldnt stop practicing guitar even on their long bus rides. He was a really good guitarplayer, more so than their new album gave him credit for.