Album art

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
Anyone else really curious aboot the new album art? I almost forgot that they are choosing a fan drawn one, then I read some of the old news on the homepage. I'm not sure how hot I am on the idea of some fan drawing it because I like Travis Smith's work, but I kinda wanna know if they chose a winner or something like that.

deliverance said:
i doubt they'll use the fan drawn art for the front cover, but..just my opinion. i think it will be in the inside booklet, possibly.

it would have to be a fucking good drawing if they put it on the cover. Opeth have high standards you know they wouldn't put a shite drawing as the cover I'm pretty sure it'll be in the book.

I dont want any fan drawing I want some more Travis Smith stuff

You never know what's out there or what Opeth has got from some fans. Opeth's always been about not sticking to rules... I wouldn't like to see the face of the guys on the cover, even if it's a masterful drawing or something.

I really liked the idea they had of having the album cover be the faces of the members in pencil like the Rainbow - Long Live Rock And Roll cover...for it made that album even better than it already was, for having such a unique image associated with it. I am not opposed to a fan drawing the cover, as long as its good. Whether or not an Opeth fan can produce a cover like that is merely up to the talents of those who attempt to try.

To be honest though, i hope there isnt another Travis Smith cover. Not because theres anything wrong with his work...but i think having a new artist for this chapter of Opeth would be a good idea, and a breath of fresh air.