Album mix FFO: Opeth, The Faceless, Behemoth

jerm__

Ezerath
Jul 18, 2006
Hey everyone,

I've been working on my solo album, it's all recorded (minus vocals), so now I'm working on the mix.

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:
As a fellow solo artist, I gotta say i really dig what you've created. Some great riffs and production! Particularly like the riff from 2:09-2:16 and wish it would go on a bit longer.

Hey, sounds cool, and the song is massive! :headbang:
I feel the snare a bit mechanical on some parts (blasts and fills), and the MIDI sax in the ending part (wish it be more humanized or hust replace with a violin).
The vox are not too on top of the rest - suits just well for the genre.

Hey, sounds cool, and the song is massive! :headbang:
I feel the snare a bit mechanical on some parts (blasts and fills), and the MIDI sax in the ending part (wish it be more humanized or hust replace with a violin).
The vox are not too on top of the rest - suits just well for the genre.
Thanks a lot! I agree about the humanization, need to tweak a few of the programmed instruments :)

As a fellow solo artist, I gotta say i really dig what you've created. Some great riffs and production! Particularly like the riff from 2:09-2:16 and wish it would go on a bit longer.
Thanks a lot man, appreciate that. That riff is actually played again a little later on in the song but I kept that riff pretty short and sweet haha

Holy shit thats really awesome music dude, are you planning on releasing it soon? Liked the production, maybe the kick is a little overbearing at fast double kicks but I dont mind at all ^^ Again, loved the music man, congrats! Let us know when you will upload the whole thing.

The music is awesome.
but the mix is too busy and its difficult to understand anything
as soon as the orchestra enters it eats everything (frequency speaking)

Sick! Good luck with that man!
Thanks!

Holy shit thats really awesome music dude, are you planning on releasing it soon? Liked the production, maybe the kick is a little overbearing at fast double kicks but I dont mind at all ^^ Again, loved the music man, congrats! Let us know when you will upload the whole thing.
Sweet man! Don't know yet. Still a work in progress. All the music is written and recorded, except for the vocals. I will definitely make a thread when it's done. I will probably put it up on Bandcamp!

The music is awesome.
but the mix is too busy and its difficult to understand anything
as soon as the orchestra enters it eats everything (frequency speaking)
Thanks man! I Agree, I need to work out the synths/strings a little better!