album production

RockBodom

Jun 15, 2003
USA
Visit site
Am I alone in thinking that Hatebreeder is the worst album, in terms of sound quality and production? I mean, i love Bodom to death, there's no question about that, but when the quality of the first album, to me, sound better than the second....what the hell happened? And then right after Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper comes out and has TOP NOTCH production, thats better than the first, but the two are still in the same realm in terms of how they sound. HCDR was the same as FTR, and SW, excellent beyond belief. They had the funds to do record Hatebreeder better, and the pool of talent to do it. However, I love the album. It sounds so RAW to the ears, that its the heaviest thing Ive heard when I listen to it...Pop in FTR, SW, etc etc, same thing happens. So , If that happens, it shows bodom is on the right track in terms of writing....Its just...iono...am I making any sense here?

I think that Hatebreeder has a not so good production, but it's ok. The whole drum sound and especially the snare drum doesn't sound too good in my ears. But the rest is ok. Something Wild has a good production for the fact that it was recorded in 1997 and the studio costs were 3500 €. Follow The Reaper really impressed me with it's production after the Hatebreeder album. Hate Crew Deathroll has the best production, I really love it.

By the way, I think Tut will like this thread since he hates the production of Hatebreeder.

I don't know what equipment you usually listen to music on, but on mine Hatebreeder's production is of the highest quality.
The drums are a litlle annoying, but they are triggered sounds.

RockBodom said:
Am I alone in thinking that Hatebreeder is the worst album, in terms of sound quality and production? I mean, i love Bodom to death, there's no question about that, but when the quality of the first album, to me, sound better than the second....what the hell happened? And then right after Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper comes out and has TOP NOTCH production, thats better than the first, but the two are still in the same realm in terms of how they sound. HCDR was the same as FTR, and SW, excellent beyond belief. They had the funds to do record Hatebreeder better, and the pool of talent to do it. However, I love the album. It sounds so RAW to the ears, that its the heaviest thing Ive heard when I listen to it...Pop in FTR, SW, etc etc, same thing happens. So , If that happens, it shows bodom is on the right track in terms of writing....Its just...iono...am I making any sense here?
I also think it really sucks.
The songs are great too, but they sound SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better on Tokyo Warhearts!

fuck, 2 words:

NO BASS.

That's it :p

RockBodom said:

Am I alone in thinking that you are talking bullshit! HCDR was the same as FtR and SW? This is the dumbest thing I've heard today!

SW has the worst produktion of all CoB Albums! I know that many people here love this album! BUT when a band want to record an album, they wanne tell the people something (because music is just a language). But it is a fact that the guys from CoB don't like the produktion and are not satisfied with the album and the album speaks a language they didn't want to speak. Its a miscarriage in their opinion (they don't like the songs, too, because they play nearly no songs live from SW). All you SW lovers should know this!
It's so obvious that there many mistakes on SW (Alexi said that a few times), so why do you think SW is better than HB! I love HB, it's the best CoB in my opinion (ok, HCDR is better, but I'm concerning more emotions and good feeling with HB so for now I like HB more)!

It's funny that you're saying FtR has a top produktion, because Alexi and Janne said that the produktion of FtR sucks (and they didn't say that about HB)!

I know everybodys taste is another but I think you don't understand the CoB language, sorry dude!

Thilo said:
SW has the worst produktion of all CoB Albums!
And that's simply because it was self-produced by the band. And how much can a band making their debut album know about producing?