Alcatrazz

Mar 23, 2005
East Of Echo
I just want to say I saw Alcatrazz on New Years Eve & they kicked ass! Graham Bonnet sounded amazing!! He has assembled a killer band, Glenn Sobel on drums from Impellitteri, Tim Luce Bass & Howie Simon guitar JSS,JLT......

I think they played 9 Alcatrazz tracks 3 Rainbow & "Desert Song" from his MSG days. Graham just turned 60 but sounds better the most singers half his age.

The band said they are working on a new cd, I look forword to this. They should release a live cd of the current band, They sound that good.

Awesome! Wish I could have been there. I love the first Alcatrazz album with Yngwie on guitar, and the other two were pretty good too. Also love Assault Attack and Down to Earth. I'm just a huge Graham Bonnet fan all around (except his lounge music).

There are a bunch of videos on Youtube of a concert in Japan back in the Yngwie days, but I have yet to find a DVD of any kind for purchase. A buddy of mine says he found it on a site where I could trade for bootleg DVDs, but I don't have much of that stuff. That concert sure sounds great though, even on Youtube!

Great, I love Alcatrazz, mostly the Vai period. I got a full gig from that period, also in Japan. It's great when Vai hands over a guitar to a fan at the end !! New CD sounds mighty interesting !! 2007 wasn't my favorit year regarding good Metal releases, I hope 2008 will get lotsa better (first 2 I got are great to start the new year of; Ayreon and Benedictum !!)

The Other members of alcatrazz Shea & Uvena were against Bonnet using the name with out them it was a very big issue and at that point Yngwie & Bonnet were offered to play shows as a reunion in Japan, no words on that yet or when, i did see Bonnet in 2007 here in San Diego he made an album with my friend Taz Taylor and they played a set of that material plus a couple of Rainbow songs. he still sounds amazing.
I hope they do make an album and a tour, i'm there!!

Amen. I'll hear them any way I can.

It would be nice to see Malmsteen and Vai at some point do at the very least a one-time reunion of sorts with some of the guys from the band and play a few songs. That would be fantastic. I recently picked up the remastered version of Impellitteri's Stand In Line, highly, highly recommended if you don't already own it. Graham Bonnet performance on there is one of his best.

It would be nice to see Malmsteen and Vai at some point do at the very least a one-time reunion of sorts with some of the guys from the band and play a few songs. That would be fantastic. I recently picked up the remastered version of Impellitteri's Stand In Line, highly, highly recommended if you don't already own it. Graham Bonnet performance on there is one of his best.

I haven't heard that Impellitteri album in years! I should check into getting that on cd. And I totally agree about Via and Yngwie getting together with Bonnet for one one time reunion and record it for DVD. I'd be eating that one up!

I haven't heard that Impellitteri album in years! I should check into getting that on cd. And I totally agree about Via and Yngwie getting together with Bonnet for one one time reunion and record it for DVD. I'd be eating that one up!

Even if they all got together to put together some kind of an anthology, some nice liners, demos and or live tracks would be swell...

Eventually, Vai is supposed to release the audio of the Alcatrazz Japanese video as part of the never-to-be-completed secret jewel box set...

Bonnet & Imp. put out a cd a couple of years ago called
Impellitteri - System X check it out.

I saw a Graham Bonnet solo gig in 03' & Chris was there but he did not play. He was upset about the promoters in Europe not getting there act together & booking them to play Outdoor festivals there. The Japanese tour fell apart because of a recesion that had hit Japan at the time. So that was the end of that reunion.