Alestorm - "Black Sails At Midnight"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I found out yesterday that on June 2nd (USA) Alestorm will release their second full-lenght. I manage to found a free download (with voiceovers, nothing is perfect) and the album is good. Basically it takes from where the debut ends, so if you like that one you'll like this one undoubtedly.

For those who bought the previous EP ("Leviathan") will find (harshly) that two of the songs are on this album, so basically the EP it's reduced to one new song and a German version of 'Wenches And Mead'. If you haven't bought the EP...skip it! Wait for the new album instead.

There'll be two versions one in jewel case, and a digipack one with a bonus DVD (for a couple of bucks more) with their 2008 WOA gig (I already preordered the last one :D)

Is Alestorm currently on tour with Tyr... "The Black Sails Over Europe Tour"...this must be a helleva show?!? Just had a thread in the Band Rec.s re: Tyr. Fairly new to both of these bands but both quickly growing on me. Esp Tyr!

edit: just found these re: "the tour"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Alestorm currently on tour with Tyr... "The Black Sails Over Europe Tour"...

Yeah I knew about it, and I would have kill to get the chance to listen to both live. Tyr also has a new album coming out on June 2nd (USA). Hadn't find a leak yet, but a new song on MySpace sounds very promising.

YES...new TYR -By The Light Of The Northern Star - sounds very promising! Thier http://www.myspace.com/tyrfanpage actually has three new tunes there

I have to check the three now...

...well 'The Northern Lights' is a short instrumental (or maybe it's a clip) that comes as bonus in the ltd. ed.
'Hold The Hammer High' was the first they posted and is really good but it's only a clip as the song is longer. 'Northern Gate' is the complete song and as you can check is also really powerful.

As "Land" was a bit long and not much exciting, I expect a return to form with this new album.

Thanks for the heads up. :kickass:

...thanks for your info / updates as well.:kickass:

My TYR love-fest continues!:D

The new instrumental intro and "Heathen Hammer..." also "Trondur i Gotu" (below), in great quality.
great melody and up-tempo to these songs, love it! Yes, the new stuff seems more "exciting" as you put it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp9dfNjy_is&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey muzmaze, did Tyr played 'Valhalla' live? Because if I ever can attend one of their gigs and they do that (specially as final encore) I will just die there and somebody will have to carry the stiff corpse out :D

Hey Wyvern, Just wait til after you hear the full song before you die!:)
Don't know if its been played and I have yet to find any clips of it?

I'm afraid to look for clips, I will bang my head to the floor til I crack my skull knowing I missed that gig :lol:

'Valhalla' is one of my favorite songs from them, so epic it shivers down my spine.

Hope the new album goes in the vein of "Eric The Red" mixed with a bit of "Ragnarok" :hotjump:

Is 'Valhalla' a cover track from them? Wich CD is it from, I can't find anything on this? (SEE EDIT)

Well, I have heard some full tracks, and portions of the new CD. Its funny ...the new CD and "Eric The Red" is IMO thier best stuff. The new CD seems to have the epicness of "Eric The Red " plus the production quality of "Ragnarock". "By The Light Of The No. Star " is simply a combination of the two with even more up-tempo and epic stuff. I don't always think faster is better...but with TYR, up-tempo / faster seems to be better.

EDIT: just found this...holy shit this is fuckin fantastic![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqnmkjTivm0&feature=PlayList&p=8F249008CBAD463F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22[/ame]