ALICE COOPER: 'Detroit City 2020' Lyric Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Alice Cooper has released a lyric video for "Detroit City 2020", the opening song of his new "Breadcrumbs" EP, which will be released on September 13 via earMUSIC. Check it out below. The "Breadcrumbs" EP is Alice Cooper's tribute to the garage rock heroes from his former hometown, Detroit. The EP features six brand new recordings and is available on digital and as limited and numbered 10-inch vinyl — with only 20,000 copies worldwide — sold at very special price. Joining Cooper on the recordings are MC5's Wayne Kramer, jazz singer Paul Randolph, former GRAND FUNK RAILROAD member Mark Farner, ex-DETROIT WHEELS drummer Johnny "Bee" Badanjek and Mick Collins. The EP includes covers of Bob Seger's 1966 single "East Side Story", MC5's "Sister Anne", Suzi Quatro's "Your Mamma Won't Like Me" and MITCH RYDER AND THE DETROIT WHEELS' "Devil With A Blue Dress". Cooper spoke about the release earlier in the year, telling The Oakland Press: "There's a certain Detroit sound we're looking for. It's indefinable. There's a certain amount of R&B in it. There's a certain amount of Motown in it. But then you add the guitars and you add the attitude and it turns into Detroit rock. I feel like if we mine around with all Detroit players, we're gonna find that sound." Cooper's next full-length album is due in 2020. Alice recently completed a North American tour with HALESTORM. "Breadcrumbs" track listing: 01. Detroit City 2020 02. Go Man Go 03. East Side Story 04. Your Mama Won't Like Me 05. Devil With A Blue Dress / Chains Of Love 06. Sister Anne
alicecooperbreadcrumbsep.jpg

Continue reading...