Alice Cooper / Helix To Tour Canada In May!

Oct 28, 2005
Bravewords
Rock Hard
HELIX Confirmed For ALICE COOPER Canadian Tour
2005-12-18 15:42:41

HELIX mainman Brian Vollmer has issued the following update at the band's official website:

"On Friday (December 16th) I was given the good news that we are to be the opening act on the ALICE COOPER tour, thanks to Brad Jones, who has booked the band over

the past couple of years in the London area. When we played our first concert in the city of London, Ontario back in 1980 (with MAX WEBSTER and GODDO) it was booked by Don Jones, Brad’s father. At that time the London and Kitchener market were the most depressed in Canada. Still, Don Jones became a giant in the promotion business in Southern Ontario. When we were first confirmed Brad asked me to hold off on announcing we were the opening act, but beginning Saturday morning the email started pouring in from the east coast. Obviously they were already advertising the tour so the cat’s out of the bag, so to speak.

The tour kicks off in St. John’s, NF May 1st and two days later we’ll be in Halifax, followed by St. John, NB My autobiography Gimme an R! will be out in December, so this whole tour gives me a perfect opportunity to go out and meet the people and sell some books.

I am presently working on a couple of US dates, most notably March 25th in Utica, NY. It’s extremely difficult putting these gigs together, largely due to all the paperwork one has to go through to get the work permits. More on this in weeks to come.

As most of you already know, the book will not be out until December 23rd. The slowdown was because of the large number of pictures we included with the text.

Thank you to everyone who has already ordered for your patience. For those of you in the Southern Ontario region (especially Kitchener and London) please email me and I will try to hand deliver some of them if I can."

\m/

www.bravewords.com
HELIX - ALICE COOPER Canadian Live Dates Confirmed
2005-12-21 19:40:05

As previously reported, Canuck rockers HELIX have confirmed a string of Canadian live dates with rock legend ALICE COOPER (venues TBA). Upcoming Helix live dates are as follows:

February

10 - Norma Jeans in London, ON

17 - The Horseshoe in Toronto, ON

18 - Jack's Filling Station in Oshawa, ON

Helix dates with Alice Cooper:

May

1 - St. John's, NF

3 - Halifax, NS

4 - St. John, NB

6 - Ottawa, ON

7 - Hamilton, ON

9 - Kitchener, ON