ALICE COOPER On His Recent Car Accident: 'Both Cars Were Demolished, But Nobody Was Hurt'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Legendary rocker Alice Cooper has spoken out about his recent car accident, saying that he "got banged up a litte bit" but that "nobody was hurt." "Right after my birthday, I got in a head-on car collision," Cooper told the NBC affiliate KPNX 12 News (see video below). "But nobody was hurt — both cars were demolished, but nobody was hurt. And I told the kid that ran into me, I told him, I said, 'Look, as long as you're walking away and I'm walking away, cars could be replaced.' We got banged up a litte bit, but nothing really special." Cooper revealed that he was involved in the road incident on February 1, tweeting: "Had a car accident this afternoon in Phoenix, but luckily everyone walked away UNHURT. Very thankful for that and also to @Dodge for building such a sturdy Challenger!!" The Dodge Challenger is the name of three different generations of automobiles produced by Dodge. Like many rock stars, Alice is an avid car enthusiast, with a fantastic collection of American muscle in his garage. Cooper was born in Detroit and moved to Phoenix at a young age with his family. In July 2017, Alice Cooper released "Paranormal", his first studio album in six years. Produced by Bob Ezrin, it was immediately saluted as a classic album, strong of the collaboration with iconic guests such as ZZ TOP's Billy Gibbons, U2's Larry Mullen and DEEP PURPLE's Roger Glover.

Had a car accident this afternoon in Phoenix, but luckily everyone walked away UNHURT. Very thankful for that and also to @Dodge for building such a sturdy Challenger!!

— Alice Cooper (@alicecooper) February 2, 2018

Continue reading...