Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I've never been a huge AC fan personally. Respect the guy fully but just never really listened to a huge amount of his back catalogue, apart from having (and liking) one of his greatest hits cds.

Thought I'd pick up his new record a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say this is one of the more entertaining records I can recall in recent times. A real eclectic mix of styles - some stuff reminds me of the Rocky Horror Show..... but very fun and well produced.

Anyone else listened to this one?

I've got mixed feelings on it. On one hand, the songwriting is considerably better than any recent Alice Cooper album; I'd probably go as far back as Hey Stoopid. However, it also suffers from the same problem as a lot of his recent albums; it's way too overproduced. I don't know why he insists on using effects on his vocals, it ruins the songs for me.

I'm waiting to hear more of the new songs live before I really judge it; that's where Alice's stuff really shines.

I love the production on W2MN. The effects on "I am made of you" are there to disconnect the character from the song, the way he was in "The Awakening" I personally think it's about the best song I've heard in years.

Haven't listened to it yet. I was excited about the album until I heard I'll Bite Your Face Off, which killed the whole album for me. I'll buy it eventually, but I what I really want is to see Alice live again, this time with the beeautiful and talented Orianthi! :eek:

Never been much of an Alice Cooper fan, but I had a listen to the samples from the new album on Amazon, and they were surpisingly good.

I can agree with Social Distortion about "I'll bite your face off". Judging by the samples, it sounds like one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Sounds like an eclectic mix of tunes, though, which is just my cup of tea.
I think I'll have to get this album and have a proper listen.

I don't like that song either! Definitely the weak track..... and yet its the first single????

Seems like I hear the same thing with every Alice album. People always seem to dislike the lead singles. I remember The Last Temptation, the lead single was Lost In America. I like it, no one else did.:lol: