Alice In Chaines.....???!!!!

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.blabbermoth.com

JERRY CANTRELL Calls ALICE IN CHAINS Reunion 'Imminent' - Mar. 6, 2004

Ex-ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell has confirmed to Launch Radio Networks that he recently jammed separately with his former bandmates, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney.

Although all three have not played together in the same room yet, Cantrell told Launch that he feels confident some sort of reunion will happen.

"I'm sure at some point not too far in the future, we'll end up doing something like that, and, you know, just take it a step at a time," he said. "You know, we're still all healing up from the loss of (vocalist) Layne (Staley) and the final chapter of the band, so to speak, and so we're just taking things slow. But I would say that most definitely a hundred percent chance of us playing in the future is imminent."

I read that too. Should be great. I saw Alice for the first time opening for Clash of the Titans. What a hell of a task. Their debut disc is essential, they went down hill from there... I would love to see some project with the remaining members....

I love Alice In Chains. And although, they're usually labelled as a alternative/grunge band, i actually consider them more metal oriented. But that's just me, i guess. Anyhoo, i'd love to see them all reunite, but under the Alice In Chains name? That doesn't sound right to me. Not without Layne Staley.

The could still do the band justice as Alice In Chains, I mean most people would understand, it's not like they didn't invite a certain member, he's just not there anymore. Cantrell was a key song writer in the band & would like to see the three get togther again...

sixxswine said:
I saw Alice for the first time opening for Clash of the Titans. What a hell of a task. Their debut disc is essential, they went down hill from there... I would love to see some project with the remaining members....
Ditto. I saw Alice on the Clash tour as well. In SF, his hair was just dreaded
and with the sunglasses in the darkness of the venue, Layne looked evil
when he did his hairbanging. It was so cool. IMO, Alice has always been
consistent with their sound and should always get props for their acoustic
work. Not many bands do it and do it as well as they did. Alice never sold out
to the man and should be recognized for that. Not saying you're implying
any of that though Sixx. Just saying......
I always liked Sean Kinneys drumming and always wondered why he isn't
playing? Is he? has anyone heard?

I think it would be cool to see Alice reunite but NOT use the name "alice in
chains" since Layne has passed and they should respect him and his legacy
by not using it.