Alice In Chains - The Essential

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
919403.jpg

8 out of 10

Alice in Chains recently roared back into action this summer after years lying dormant. Though this is a different version of the band, as singer Layne Staley died a number of years ago due to a heroin overdose. To commemorate the reformation Sony Legacy has issued the double disc retrospective The Essential Alice in Chains. The collection culls from the three studio albums, both of their e.p.'s and the Unplugged album, there a total of twenty eight tracks in all. Honestly, if you own Facelift and Dirt there is probably little reason to pick up this collection, but if you own nothing, this is a great place to begin your Alice in Chains collection. There are no unreleased tracks on here, there are however two different remixes of "A Litter Bitter" and "What the Hell Have I." Disc one of this compilation owns, it's compiled of the tracks from the debut including "Man in the Box," "We Die Young," and tracks from the Sap e.p. and Dirt including "Rooster," "Them Bones" and "Angry Chair." Overall a fair representation of all the band's ups and downs.

DISC 1:
1. We Die Young
2. Man In The Box
3. Sea Of Sorrow
4. Love, Hate, Love
5. Am I Inside
6. Brother
7. Got Me Wrong
8. Right Turn
9. Rain When I Die
10. Them Bones
11. Angry Chair