Aligning WAV files in Cubase

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Someone recorded a video of one of my live shows and gave me the camera audio as well as the line audio from the FOH.

Unfortunately the vocals are pretty loud while the music is not loud enough. Luckily, as an electronic act, I have the backing tracks as WAV files.

Now my problem is: no matter how I try to align the cam sound, the line sound and the playback file - I always get phasing. Lots of it.

Is there any way to align it properly that I'm not aware of? Any help is much appreciated!

Well the line sound and the playback file are going to have phase issues inherently since they're the same exact file, more or less. What happens if you just align those? Can you use those two to phase out the backing and get just your vocals/the live instruments from the line feed?

SoundRadix Pi and Auto-Align are supposed to optimize phase and time differences between tracks. In most cases they work quite well. But for a onetime use they are too expensive. But you could try the demo and tinker around with the demo noise generation and render the tracks more then once and then cut the good parts together :D