ALIVE II - VS. - MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Jesse1Custer

Oct 24, 2002
Visit site
i know, i also cant hear the john vs. joey topics. but over 1 jear after the reunion und scotts quote, that the next anthrax album will be with joey.
i watched yesterday the alive II and the momd. and there are worlds between these two dvd.
in short words: with the alive II you have a nice backflash in the 80s but the MOMD kicks ass! its killer. john 4 EVER!!!!

MusicOfMassDestruction.jpg

01. What Doesn't Die
02. Got The Time
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Safe Home
05. Room For One More
06. Antisocial
07. Nobody Knows Anything
08. Belly Of The Beast
09. Inside Out
10. Refuse To Be Denied
11. I Am The Law
12. Only
13. Be All End All
14. Indians
15. Bring The Noise

Bonus Tracks:

16. Fueled
17. Metal Thrashing Mad

---------------------------------------------------------

alive2.jpg

1 Among the Living Anthrax 5:29
2 Caught in a Mosh Anthrax 5:42
3 A.I.R. Anthrax 6:22
4 Antisocial Bonvoison, Krief 6:05
5 NFL Anthrax 5:58
6 Deathrider Anthrax 3:37
7 Medusa Anthrax 4:59
8 In My World Anthrax 6:09
9 Indians Anthrax 7:45
10 Time Anthrax 6:52
11 Be All, End All Anthrax 7:44
12 I Am the Law

No contest - MOMD. There's no excitement about the Alive DVD - we'd seen it all before.

MOMD, there is no contest for me. It gives me chills at points listening or watching it. One of my favorite things that Anthrax has done.
With Alive 2 I cringe a lot, especially when Joey addresses the crowd. He's totally cheesy.
This post is just MY opinion.

Music of Mass Destruction's obviously got the best of both worlds as far as the setlist goes. I do however think that, as an overall dvd, Alive 2 is the superior one. It sounds better and looks better.

MOMD is fantastic because im in it, (well you can see me in the crowd in a five second segment). Alive2, i've watched twice and dont have a clue where i've put it. Possibly ebay????

no contest momd. i was there and it sounds like a band firing on all cylinders where as to me if alive 2 was recorded a year later it would have been a much better concert. i grew up with antrax version joey and i like to listen to it but bush will always be my favorite thrax front man.

Alive II definately..

My cousin younger bought MOMD destruction as he was getting into Metal and I told him about Anthrax... He didn't like it so I borrowed it and didn't like it either. I admit I wasn't too familiar with the BUSH songs but I couldnt stand how they butchered up the classics. And John is annoying as hell in between songs.

MOMD but like Jesse said Alive II is a great flash back to the 80s and even early 90s for me.

I think MOMD would be better with the Joey material replaced with John material and the Neil material should remain.

thraxx said:
Alive 2 is special for me because i was there....
I love MOMD.....

Winner.....Both

I was there for Alive 2 also. Don't get me wrong, it was great. Especially "Time", but it can't touch MOMD for me.
It really did feel like 1987 all over again and it was great for one night. Maybe that's the problem now. I've had enough nostalgia.
I wanna move forward, the way it was going with Bush. Can't help it, just the way I feel. I'm not bashing the reunion, it's just not what I would like. Sorry to the Bush haters.
Anything they do is going to be good. That's the good news. Whatever it is, i'll be there because it will be stamped with that Anthrax quality that we've come to expect.
ps-sorry, I really didn't mean to make this a JB vs JB thing