All Glam All the Time

One of the best glam like bands, for me at least, was White Lion.
Other bands I like are Icon, Kick Axe and Vinnie Vincents Invasion.

Winger is a bit on the line of "Glam" , more "Hair" metal, but let's merge that into this thread. I also wanna mention Prophet with "Cycles of the Moon", also a very good record...

One of my all time fav bands is an American unit named Lillian Axe.

For one, they adopted the glam look, a glam name and a glam 'presence'. Their first record was produced by Robin Crosby of Ratt. With all of this said, their music was decidedly not glam!

I highly recommend this band to any and all fans of any genre of hard rock or metal. Their songwriter, Stevie Blaze, is simply unbelievable. He possesses that keen sense of melody, dynamics and emotion that very few since the Lennon/McCartney team have.

Again, I can not recommend this band enough. Sadly, all of their classic records are out of print, but Ebay will surely have them.

You must check out:
Pschoschizophrenia (1993)
Love and War (1989)

I must say that Vinnie Vincent's Burn is one brilliant piece of metal.

White Lion, was a bit to soft for me, they used to play that song Stay on Rage(music video show in Aust) all the time back when I was a teenager - it drove me nuts (considering i was going thrash crazy back then). I was watching some old tapes and that one came on, I knew it line for line, scary.
Had them interviewed on some English Metal show about to support Whitesnake on a US tour - they were fully glammed up in the middle of the day in spandex etc, classic days!

Pantera, Motley Crue....oh I'm sorry...Glam band music...:tickled: sorry I was joking about those bands that started and or converted to the Glam look due to it's popularity at the time.

I enjoy a lot of the staple Glam bands, Poison, White Lion, Warrant, Winger, Slaughter, Great White, all had great sounds, some great riffage and but of course the tear jerker ballads.

There are a couple Glam bands in L.A. doing some shows and they do their own music. If I can find some info or links I will certainly supply them!

Priest, did you mean "Wait"?

yes:
Ratt
Dokken
Crue
Great White
Twisted Sister
Skid Row

no:
Poison
Cinderella
Warrant
Winger
Slaughter

on the fence:
Vinnie Vincent
White Lion

Priest, did you mean "Wait"?

yes:
Ratt-Great until Invasion...
Dokken-Great Until Back for the Attack...
Crue-Their prime was Dr. Feelgood, but I must say Theater of Pain is better than I remember it...
Great White-Great band.
Twisted Sister-I'm not too big on them, I love You Can't Stop RNR...
Skid Row-Meh, not a big fan...

no:
Poison-Pick up Native Tongue great effort...
Cinderella-Nothing wrong with this nband other than Still Climbing...
Warrant-Poppy, but Dog Eat Dog came too little too late...
Winger-Love the Pull record, can't stand anything that came before...
Slaughter-Don't you mean (S)Laughter?!

on the fence:
Vinnie Vincent-The first record was great, but because it didn't feature Mark Slaughter on vocals...
White Lion-I love their version of Radar Love, it's better than the original! Don't care for much else....

Here's some names to throw out at you..
Tora, Tora
Hardline
Lynch Mob
Keel
Black N Blue
L.A. Guns
Faster Pussycat

sixxswine said:
Keel
Black N Blue

my my my haven't seen those names in a while....searches for BnB tape:loco:

I admit I'm sick of hearing The Ballad on Jane of Metal Mania:loco: A guy I went to high school with played in LA Guns for a bit. What about Enuff-z-Nuff..."fly high michelle" was it?

Black N Blue is my alltime favourite band from that era . and Kix too \m/ .... lemme throw some others into the mix here ..

Roxy Blue
Wildside
Johnny Crash
Tigertailz
Dirty Looks
Funny Money

I just mentioned this on the Nevermore board (My favorite band for the past 10 years). I'm 33 years old and love Lillian Axe, Leatherwolf, Dokken (up until Dysfunctional), White Lion, Skid Row, Ratt (up until Detonator), The first 2 L.A. Guns and Poison albums, Bulletboys first 3, Sweet F.A., Keel, Tora Tora, Faster Pussycat, Salty Dog, Icon, Hurricane, Sea Hags, some Warrant (Dog Eat Dog was a good album in my opinion), Britny Fox, and all Crue, some Twisted Sisters, and W.A.S.P. albums ,but I don't consider them glam. And of course, Guns N'Roses 1st E.P. and "Appetite".

SoundMaster said:
One of my all time fav bands is an American unit named Lillian Axe.

For one, they adopted the glam look, a glam name and a glam 'presence'. Their first record was produced by Robin Crosby of Ratt. With all of this said, their music was decidedly not glam!

I highly recommend this band to any and all fans of any genre of hard rock or metal. Their songwriter, Stevie Blaze, is simply unbelievable. He possesses that keen sense of melody, dynamics and emotion that very few since the Lennon/McCartney team have.

Again, I can not recommend this band enough. Sadly, all of their classic records are out of print, but Ebay will surely have them.

You must check out:
Pschoschizophrenia (1993)
Love and War (1989)

You all know I LOVE the hair era!!! Carnut I'm shocked to hear someone mention "Cycles of the Moon" by Prophet, I've been listening to that lately! Excellent AOR band!!

Basically all I listen to is sleaze/glam, hard rock, melodic rock/AOR and hair metal... so here are my some of my fave bands out of those styles!!

On the more hard rock & sleaze side of the scene:
Arcade, Ana Black, Big Bang Babies, Black N Blue, Britny Fox, Bulletboys, Candy Harlots, Cats In Boots, Cold Sweat, Dangerous Toys, EZO, Every Mother's Nightmare, Erotic Suicide, Fastway, Faster Pussycat, Gypsy Rose, Hericane Alice, Jesse Strange, Johnny Crash, Keel, Kick Axe, KISS (mid-late 80s talkin about here!), Kix, Lynch Mob, Mad Margritt, Motley Crue, Nasty Idols, Poison, Pretty Boy Floyd, Ratt, David Lee Roth, Roxx, Roxx Gang, Roxy Blue, Shotgun Messiah, Skid Row, Skin N Bones, Slaughter, Slik Toxik, Sleeze Beez, Spread Eagle, Tigertailz, Tuff, Trouble Tribe, Vain, Van Halen, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Warrant, Whitecross, Whitesnake, Wicked Kin, Wildside, XYZ, Zan Clan.

On the more melodic side of the scene:
Alien, Aviator, Bad English, Bad Habit, Blue Tears, Casanova, Crown of Thorns, Danger Danger, Dokken, Europe, FM, Mark Free, Frontline, Glory, Gunshy, Hardline, Harem Scarem, Heaven's Edge, House of Lords, Hurricane, Icon, Jaded Heart, Journey, King Kobra, Paul Laine, Lee Aaron, Message, Night Ranger, Pink Cream 69, Prophet, Red Dawn, Restless, Kane Roberts, Roxanne, Roxus, Sic Vikki, Signal, Silent Rage, Stage Dolls, Stun Leer, Swedish Erotica, TNT, Talisman, Treat, Tyketto, Unruly Child, Van Zant, Victory, Vixen, Winger, Zero, Zinatra.

kuier - You have excellent taste there with Black N Blue, Kix & Wildside, easily 3 of my all time favourites!! And "Under The Influence" is a definite top 10 of all time album for me!!!!

kittybeast said:
What about Enuff-z-Nuff..."fly high michelle" was it?

Good God, I actually hate Enough Z' Nuff more than any human on this planet should be allowed to. I find NO redeeming qualities in that band or their music. I'd rather ride a hopiity-hop in a mine field than listen to anything they've ever written.... Blech!:puke:

J-Dubya

err yeah I mean Wait.... *slaps himself in the forehead*
gotta love Monday mornings at work! No better time of the week to put your foot in your mouth.

While we are talking about White Lion what was that guitar he was playing in one of their videos with some other stringed instrument added on?