ALTER BRIDGE Members Already Planning Next Projects

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, ALTER BRIDGE may have just released its fourth album, titled "Fortress", but singer Myles Kennedy is already working on music for his other band, SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS. Kennedy told Billboard.com that Slash's third solo disc is on track for next year, saying, "Slash is sending me his riffs and ideas, so I've been [sending parts to him] via the old phone voice memo. We'll probably get together here later with the other guys, start chipping away at some things, and the goal is to record it next year." Kennedy became Slash's touring vocalist after the ex-GUNS N' ROSES axeman released his self-titled solo debut in 2010. Kennedy took over on lead vocals in the studio as well for last year's "Apocalyptic Love".Slash has recently added film producer to his resume with this month's release of "Nothing Left To Fear", the first horror movie issued under his Slasher Films production banner.Meanwhile, ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti will also get to work on the second album from his self-named group toward the end of this year as well, saying, "I'll be getting with the guys and trying to find a window maybe in December or January just to write some material. The next time we tour as TREMONTI will probably be after we get some new material done, so it will probably be at least six months till we play some shows."The touring version of TREMONTI featured VAN HALEN bassist Wolfgang Van Halen in the lineup, although it's not clear whether he'll appear on the next CD.ALTER BRIDGE's "Fortress" arrived last Tuesday (October 8) and follows up the group's last release, 2010's "AB III".The band jets off to Europe for a month of shows starting on October 16. Full North American tour plans are still to be announced.

More...