Alternative/Electronic Mix. (Emarosa-esque))

K

kristruman

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if you'd mind checking out this mix. Its already released but i think its some of my best. I dont have the best gear, im more of a software buff. It was recorded/mixed/mastered/produced in Pro Tools HD 9 by myself. I think the mix came up pretty good.

-The drums are real, the kick, snare and toms have been blended with Trigger Platinum.
-Samples are from Reason 5 - various free refills aswell.
-Bass: DI through Ampeg SVX plugin.
-Dist Guitars: Orange Rockerverb 50 -> Orange 4x12 (v30's) > sm57 off axis (Just above the cone).
-Clean Guitars: Pod Farm Platinum(Blackface Lux) -> Soundtoys Echoboy -> Waves Rverb.
-Vocals: Shure 57A Beta.

If you have any question about any of it, or criticism's, id love to hear them!

Thank you for your time.

Kris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1335737/03 Glass Houses 02 MSTR.mp3

Wow, amazing production! :worship:
I Got nothing to complain about that.

Did you do everything yourself? (Vocals included?)

@Jan: Wow, thankyou so much! I really appreciate it.
I wish that was me singing, unfortunately no. Im the producer on the project. The band is called Acrasia and they are from Melbourne, Australia. They are actually support Of Mice and Men out here on May 19th.

@ODS: Thanks dude, appreciate it alot!!!!

Sounds professional dude! Production style reminds me of Kris Crummett type stuff! Perhaps Kris's just know how to mix and master post-hardcore it seems.

Keep it up.

I'm only listening through laptop speakers ATM, but I'll give it a listen on my studio monitors, it does sound friggin amazing tho!

@dwdrums: lol hey travv

@Spiritbest: Wow, thank you so much dude! It certainly is an honor to have my production style compared to that of Kris Crummett. Ive worked with Kris before so i guess maybe that's why it sounds similar..?

@masque-: Thanks alot bro :)

@The Front Studio: It was mixed through my KRK Rokit 6's and ive found these speakers translate well across all mediums. Seems i might be correct :)

@Barnacle: Thanks alot dude!! I have a fairly basic setup man, as i said im more of a software guy than a hardware guy. I have Pro Tools HD 9 Accel 1 system. I'm using a Profire 2626 for its pre's and i have a bunch of native plugins. We tracked drums at my mates home studio in Dandenong, Victoria (Aus) called White Devil Audio. I cant remember the mic setup off by heart but i could get a list if youre intereted. All tracked in Pro Tools, with Profire 2626 also using a Lynx Aurora for clocking/AD Conversion.

@Scott Horner: Thanks Mate!!

@ODS: Thanks bro ;)

P.S: Check the EP im about to post that i did last year that just got released, its abit more metal!

Men at work popped into my head because of the vocals, kinda that mid 80's tone in the upper registers. 57's are dead nuts clean transducers - it's all in the preamp with those mics.

Where's this song charting at??