ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE Feat. MEGADETH's ELLEFSON, ANTHRAX's BELLO: Debut Album To Be Released...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE, the project featuring ANTHRAX bassist Frank Bello and MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson, will release its debut album in the fall. ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE spent time in 2016 in a California studio recording material for the follow-up to its 2014 self-titled EP. Helming the sessions once again was producer Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, STONE SOUR), with Jeff Friedl (A PERFECT CIRCLE, ASHES DIVIDE) returning behind the kit. In a brand new interview with AXS, Bello stated about ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE: "Dave and I have done a lot of bass clinics together; we work with Hartke bass amps. There was a lot of down time sitting around backstage. Dave comes up to me and said, 'We have all this time at these clinics. Why don't we start writing some songs?' It was as easy as that, and we began writing some songs. I took on the vocals and played rhythm guitar, he played bass and we had Jeff Friedl from A PERFECT CIRCLE play drums. People were really diggin' it and it got great traction on the radio. People wanted more. We only put out a three-song EP. But with both Dave and I being involved with our own bands, we are on the road nonstop. We finally got together this past year and during our down time we put together a full-length record. It is due out this year sometime around September or October." Bello went on to describe ALTITUDES & ATTITUDE's sound as "hard rock. It is not metal. It is hard rock with a melody," he said. "We are having a lot of fun with it and people are enjoying it." ANTHRAX will release its long-awaited live-in-concert DVD, "Kings Among Scotland", on April 27 via Megaforce. The DVD will be preceded by ANTHRAX's North American co-headline tour with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE"KillThrax 2018" — set to kick off January 25 in Montreal.

Continue reading...