Am I the only person that thinks Otep is HORRIBLE?

Death Cube K

Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I somewhat like the guitar work and the drummer is somewhat impressive. What kicks me about this band is the lead singer, who gets alot of lime light because shes a female.

1> This has been done before. Anyone remember kitty?
2> Shes "satanic" :rolleyes: Im skeptibal at that already.
3> Her growls are decent, but what I dislike about her is her clean vocals. I dont know... something about them seem so ordinary and cliche that you expect that from nearly every female vocalist in a metal band... specifically, her clean vocals sound just like *insert female rapper here*

They suck big donkey balls. Boring, repetitive, boring, repetitive, boring, repetitive, boring, repetitive, boring, repetitive, boring, repetitive, boring, and repetitive.

All of my friends get opeth and otep confused. When I wear my opeth shirt, they all say, "Hey, otep rocks! They are so heavy, and that chick is a crazy singer!" Then I have to sit them down and explain a few things...

squeemu said:
All of my friends get opeth and otep confused. When I wear my opeth shirt, they all say, "Hey, otep rocks! They are so heavy, and that chick is a crazy singer!" Then I have to sit them down and explain a few things...
I'm not sure if I could remain calm at that point... ;)

Otep depresses me. The band I'm in played a show at L'amour while we opened up for Novembers Doom (awesome band). At the same time, Otep was playing in the same venue in a different room. All these nu-metal kids would look at our band or Novembers Doom and look so bored while everyone who was there to see Novembers Doom would headbang for us or just watch in awe while Novembers Doom played. I caught a glimpse of Otep and all I can say is WOW HOW DID THIS BAND GET SIGNED!?!?! Their songs consist of about 2 riffs for 4 minutes. The girl isnt even a good lead singer. She just kind of mumbled really fast. No thanks Otep....I'll stick to bands like Novembers Doom :) or a brutal band like Beheaded, Origin, or Dying Fetus :headbang:.-\m/ Tom www.cyanidebreed.net

Hm...I'm not understanding comments such as "What's the big fuss about?".....I don't think I've EVER heard this band complimented....Ever....

They sure are preachy. Its like they're trying to start a fucking cult on the website and shit. I forgot the name of it, LMAO. Anyways, they are nu-metal and arent that good at all. But there drummer isnt half bad. He should pack up and leave to get signed under a different/better band.