APlight

New Metal Member
May 14, 2007
Anybody know about these guys?

DC Cooper
Gary Wehrkamp
Nick D'Virgilio
Kurt Barabas

Their debut album is called Voice in the Light. It's in the vein of S. Gallery and Spocks Beard, with DC's soaring vocals. I was involved in the project and can tell you that its an amazing piece. They're on Progrock records. To be released at the end of this month.

More info here: http://www.progrockrecords.com/press/view.php?id=68

I Love DC's voice... the song samples didn't seem to knock me out though... the lineup is impressive so I might just gamble and pick this up.

A pretty good way to look at it would simply be Shadow Gallery meets DC Cooper, with a slight hint of Floyd and Zeppelin thrown in. We took pride in making it orginal, emotional and very musicianship oriented. If you're into Prog-metal with cool rippin' instrumentals, you'll like Shattered Dreams, Betrayed by Love, Viper and Revelation.

Oh..OK....:saint: :rolleyes: :saint:

hey, I gotta plug my project...I spent 5 years and pile of money on it....plus it really is pretty good stuff. :)

At least you compared us with Ozzy....:heh: :heh: :heh:

That might be damning with faint praise, though, if the new Ozzy is as lousy as he thinks. :heh:

Ha ha ha!!! No no no...no slight on the Plight. I just thought it'd be funny to write that on every forum with something new yesterday. I really don't like what I've heard from the new Ozzy. Check out the clips on Amazon.com...I've heard several full tracks. Oh good lord. Not even Zakk can save him now.

On the topic, however, I LOVE pretty much anything DC Cooper touches!

Ha ha ha!!! No no no...no slight on the Plight. I just thought it'd be funny to write that on every forum with something new yesterday. I really don't like what I've heard from the new Ozzy. Check out the clips on Amazon.com...I've heard several full tracks. Oh good lord. Not even Zakk can save him now.

On the topic, however, I LOVE pretty much anything DC Cooper touches!

In that case, you'll love this. Its a nice mix of Progressive....S. Gallery style, classic rock and Power-Prog metal like S. Force. We really worked DC hard on this record to try and bring out his best. We shall see though. :heh:

Mastering done, its off to the duplicator...:heh:

Special guests on the piece are:

Michael Sadler- Saga
Joe Stone- Guitarist extraordinair and student of Gary Wehrkamp
Trisha O'Keefe- Independent singer, songwriter
Shawn Gordon- Keyboardist and President of Progrock records

More to come...:headbang:

A few pics....

These were taken during the vocal sessions for the Amaran's Plight- Voice in the Light CD....

garymisc-1.jpg

Gary Werhkamp laying down guitar tracks...

mainepicsrats2DCandGary2Trisha013.jpg

DC Cooper finalizing some lyrics....