Amazing Journey in Whittier - The Complete Story

PapaJimH

Jan 31, 2004
The music, the sex, the gossip, the CARNAGE!!! Here's the link that has it all from the infamous ill-fated single-axle drum dive, to the destruction sequence videotape, to the chicks that jumped PapaJ, to the pro-shot stills of the concert, and the 2 days of rehearsal.

Go to www.calprog.com and click on the Amazing Journey link in the upper left navbar.

Amazing indeed :worship: now that is cool, I was shocked when Billy threw the bass :lol: John always made sure the Alembics were safe from destruction. The drum dive was pretty wild.

PAPA the babe magnet RULES :headbang:

Ed, do you see Enchant returning to calprog in the future? Sounds like a great venue. If I only discovered the band earlier, I could have caught the 2004 show.

Hey there Jeff

Man anytime Papa and his amazing family and friends want us back I am sure the guys would love to be there. Calprog and Jim are the class of the Prog festivals as far as we are concerned. He does it right! and is surounded be the best of people. It would be our pleasure to return.

And we plan on getting back down there anyhow maybe for another show sponsored by Jim even, we talked about it in January but this year things just did not fall into place but next year I am pretty confidant we will be down that way.

Thanks for asking

jdryyz said:
Ed, do you see Enchant returning to calprog in the future? Sounds like a great venue. If I only discovered the band earlier, I could have caught the 2004 show.

Thanks for the kind words Ed! I'm down here waiting for news that you guys are ready to start playing gigs again, so please let me know when that happens.

In the mean time, the next CalProg event is (pardon my shameless plug) below:

An Evening with The Flower Kings
Monday October 16, 2006
Center Theater Stage - Whittier, Calif

CalProg is very excited to announce the return of Swedish prog icons The Flower Kings to Southern California. Touring in the wake of their recently released critically acclaimed double CD entitled “Paradox Hotel” this tour marks the first time this material has been performed in the United States. They also promise to serve up a generous helping from their rich menu of releases consisting of over 10 CDs spanning 12 years. Regarded by many as one of the quintessential modern era progressive rock bands, they are known for their flawless live performances and emotionally charged epics. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see this exciting concert in the intimate theater setting provided by the Center Theater in uptown Whittier.

Tickets go on sale Saturday August 12 at 8am and are only available through the official CalProg website:

http://www.calprog.com

This is an all ages venue and all seats are reserved. Also, there is a new Audio Montage posted at the site consisting of 8 minutes of excerpts from the Flower Kings catalog. If you are unfamiliar with their music, or even if you ARE, check it out and be reminded of just how powerful this music is!

I hope to see you at the show!

Jim @ CalProg