American Mary (movie)

Sep 19, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Glenn, feel free to move this into the Lounge if necessary.

My son turns me on to metal I wouldn't have found on my own (and vice versa), but my daughter turns me on to film. Last night, we watched 'American Mary', a fairly new release on DVD. I was very entertained, a new take in the Horror (kinda) genre. Good acting and soundtrack, et al. Has this guy named Twan Holliday, a 6'8" pro wrestler and metal band bass player, as Lance, the bouncer and general bad-ass bodyguard, one among interesting characters. Check it out sometime. I think it's "metal". "Wanna make five grand?"

it was decent at best. Has a good thing going for the budget it had. I never got bored with it so that was good. It made a few top 10 list on a lot of horror sites. I would never say it was a "metal" movie though. it is more "medical horror" than anything else.

The scene where the doctor is swinging from the hooks, with no limbs and his mouth sewn shut creeped me out.. one of those things where you picture yourself in that position and get nervous. :)

Here's another one she turned me on to, 'Blood Car'. It's an indie, low budget film. It's not really horror and it's not really satire. But I laughed throughout and some of the acting is spot on. I was entertained!