• Can't choose

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Wraith

/\/\/\/\/\
Nov 14, 2002
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Visit site
I met one man that has a huge collection of heavy music. And we decided to exchange our CDs for a while. But when he came to my place I had found out that most of the bands he had are american bands and most of them I had never heard. Now I have listened all that staff and my opinion about american music became worse. There were many Nu-metal, Hardcore, Rapcore bands but also bands like Sepultura, Soulfly. I can't unnderstand why Sepultura's so popular. I couldn't find any good song. All the songs are very simple and primitive.
Probably only 10% or less of my music collection are american bands and artists and his collection consist of almost 100% american music. It's not a result of special selection on the regional basis. I've heard enormous amount of american releases and most of them sucks.
I think there're many many fewer talented bands in America than in Europ-Scandinavia region.
:confused:
So, What do you prefer? What do you think? American or European-Scandinavian metal...

Maybe you should have posted this thread in the General Music Discussion forum and not in the NON-METAL forum, since you 're obviously talking about metal bands.... By the way, an identical topic was posted there a little time ago... Maybe you should check it...

Bah, I prefer American metal... and by American, I mean North American! Really good bands can be hard to find in America, but when you do find them, they're damn good!

Bands like Aurora Borealis, Gorguts, Garden of Shadows, Quo Vadis, Immolation, Horde of Worms, etc.

Scandinavian of course!
Where else you find bands like: Katatonia, To die for, Tiamat, Sundown, Finntroll & Nightwish to name just a few...

Same answer as other threads like this:

DEPENDS WHAT YEAR YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

In the 1970's - 1983 Euro-nordic bands metal were much better.

from 1983 - 1991 American metal bands were best during the Meatllica, Slayer, Megadeth years (plus GnR, Motely Crue etc)

from 1991 - present Euro-nordic metal bands are easily superior to American bands, especially Nordic groups.......American metal scence is a joke now.

honestly, i like scandanavian/european metal better, but there are lots of good american bands, besides shitty nu metal bands that have no talent.

Good American Bands: Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Slayer, God Forbid, Jag Panzer, Mortal Decay, Soilent Green, DOWN, Nevermore, Superjoint Ritual, Pantera, Goatwhore and tons more!

Don't judge American metal by the horrible nu metal bands! there is so much more out there.

Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Bah, I prefer American metal... and by American, I mean North American! Really good bands can be hard to find in America, but when you do find them, they're damn good!

Bands like Aurora Borealis, Gorguts, Garden of Shadows, Quo Vadis, Immolation, Horde of Worms, etc.

No, America doesn't hold a candle against Europe when it comes to metal IMO. I guess about 2% (at most) of my quite large CD collection consist of US bands.

And Aurora Borealis??? You got to be kidding to bring them up as an example of GOOD American metal. They play utterly boring and unoriginal death/black metal.

Hope I didn't come across as rude.

I like a lot of American bands but the black eye of the American metal scene is the nu-metal, or "mall-metal". Because of this, I have to lean my vote towards the Scandinavian scene, since I really haven't heard a lot of garbage come out of there, much less a whole genre of music that was tired as soon as it appeared.