Amon Amarth outsells Whitesnake, Pearl Jam, Cavalera Conspiracy, Within Temptation

Aug 14, 2008
Disclaimer: I have no opinion on this issue WHATSOEVER. I have the new Whitesnake out of all of these and dig it alot, and don't really care about anything AA did after The Crusher, so I'm not trying to make a specific, opinionated point here.

That being said, if someone told me even 5 years ago that Amon Amarth would outsell all of these bands I'd probably laugh out loud. Welp, looks like there's a new biggie on the metal block:

AMON AMARTH – SURTUR RISING
Last week: 14,696

WHITESNAKE – FOREVERMORE
Last week: 12,116

PEARL JAM – VS. / VITALOGY REISSUES
Last week: 13,074

WITHIN TEMPTATION – UNFORGIVING
Last week: 11,682

CAVALERA CONSPIRACY – BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA
Last week: 4,933

The only one that I find surprising is Pearl Jam, and only sort of. Amon Amarth have been a big name - and getting bigger at a steady clip - since Versus The World.

The only one that I find surprising is Pearl Jam, and only sort of. Amon Amarth have been a big name - and getting bigger at a steady clip - since Versus The World.

Yeah, I find that surprising too. Probably didn't sell as much because they're reissues so most fans already had those albums. Either way, cool for AA.

Dads bought Whitesnake. Kids bought Amon Armath.

No problem here. Not that I would purchase either, but if I had too, I sure as hell would pick Whitesnake, but that's just me.

Amon Amarth deserve it. They have toured a lot and gained a lot of fans and press. I will be happy in all honesty to say the same about BLACKGUARD if their new disc sells that many copies.