Amon Amarth Returns To North America In August

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
Looks like they are hitting markets they didn't play in the last time they were here.

From Blabbermouth:

Swedish death metallers AMON AMARTH have issued the following update:

"Yes, it is true! We are coming back to tour North America. The spring tour turned out to be so successful, and we had such a great time playing the double sets each night, that we decided to bring 'An Evening With Amon Amarth' to the rest of the continent, including Canada! We will perform the new album ['Surtur Rising'] in its entirety, and after that we're doing a revised second set with all the classics as well as some 'wildcards.'"

The dates are as follows:

Aug. 04 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom
Aug. 06 - Calgary, AB - Macewan Hall
Aug. 07 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Events Centre
Aug. 08 - Saskatoon, SK - Odeon
Aug. 09 - Winnipeg, MB - The Garrick Centre
Aug. 12 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
Aug. 13 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
Aug. 14 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial De Quebec
Aug. 16 - Milvale, PA - Mr. Small’s Theatre
Aug. 17 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew’s Hall
Aug. 19 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
Aug. 20 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
Aug. 21 - Rochester, NY - Water Street Music Hall
Aug. 23 - Louisville, KY - Expo Five
Aug. 24 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
Aug. 26 - Houston, TX - House Of Blues
Aug. 27 - Dallas, TX - House Of Blues
Aug. 29 - Albuquerque, MN - Sunshine Theater
Aug. 31 - Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues
Sep. 01 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
Sep. 02 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
Sep. 03 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory

Tickets go on sale May 19.

Ah, NJ. Nice. Wonder who they'll tour with. Knowing the SLB, the roster will be padded. Oh, well.

Saw this show last month in San Antonio. Small venue (the White Rabbit) packed to the walls with energetic fans. Amon Amarth is on the edge of what I like on the extreme/death side. But, as my personal requiem to my father (Runes to My Memory) was on their setlist, I went.

There is nothing like being at a show where most of the attendees are into the band and the band feeds on that and seems to give an even better performance.

Additionally, I personally like the concept of 'A Night With' type shows where it is just one band doing an extended set. I saw Iced Earth twice in Germany back in 2002 when they did a three set, just Iced Earth show covering all five of their CDs (at that time).

If you have even a small liking to their music, I strongly recommend catching this.:headbang:

If you didn't catch this tour this spring you should this time around. They were absolutely incredible.

This. Excellent show that came close to selling out the big upstairs room at the Masquerade here. :worship:

You've never been to Albuquerque, Minnesota? Awesome place....

That's some superhuman tour-routing, too. Texas -> Minnesota -> California.
These guys are either crazy...or Vikings. :lol:

I had dinner at the Bottom Lounge on Saturday before seeing Dredg, and was lucky enough to get the last of the Ragnarok porter that they had on hand. I thought how it appeared on the receipt was worthy of a picture:

IMG_20110514_210607-2.jpg

I had dinner at the Bottom Lounge on Saturday before seeing Dredg, and was lucky enough to get the last of the Ragnarok porter that they had on hand. I thought how it appeared on the receipt was worthy of a picture:

IMG_20110514_210607-2.jpg

That's awesome! :kickass:

I certainly hope that whole bill wasn't just for you! :lol: