Amorphis - New Album Details

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
From Blabbermouth:

Finnish metallers AMORPHIS have set "The Beginning Of Times" as the title of their new album, due at the end of May via Nuclear Blast Records. A single, "You I Need", will precede the full-length CD in April.

"The Beginning Of Times" is described as "the most challenging AMORPHIS album so far in terms of both music and lyrics." Its central character is the iconic hero of Finnish mythology, Väinämöinen, whose tale has been masterfully retold by lyricist Pekka Kainulainen.

"The Beginning Of Times" was produced by the band; vocals were recorded under the guidance of Marco Hietala (NIGHTWISH, TAROT) in his home studio in Kuopio. Like its predecessors, the album was mixed by Mikko Karmila. Its cover artwork shows Travis Smith's magnificent interpretation of the mythological birth of the world from a goldeneye's egg.

"The Beginning Of Times" track listing:

01. Battle For Light
02. Mermaid
03. My Enemy
04. You I Need
05. Song Of The Sage
06. Three Words
07. Reformation
08. Soothsayer
09. On A Stranded Shore
10. Escape
11. Crack In A Stone
12. Beginning Of Time
13. Heart's Song (digipack bonus track)

In June, AMORPHIS will embark on the extensive "The Beginning Of Times" tour, which is scheduled to continue through 2012.

amorphisnewcd.jpg

They've had the coolest cover arts in their resurgence with Tomi. 4 for 4 - amazing. I expect the music to match how breathtaking that painting is.

That cover art is gorgeous. I expect great things. :) Hopefully they can pull off a U.S. tour this time around...

It's ironic though as people on Blabbermouth noted in the comments field how similar it is to Wolfmother's "Cosmic Egg" album cover, considering the "Skyforger" artwork also got criticized for being similar to another band's previous work as well. End of the day I couldn't care less and I think the art on both "Skyforger" and this new one is gorgeous indeed. Musically, I am sure this will rule.

It's ironic though as people on Blabbermouth noted in the comments field how similar it is to Wolfmother's "Cosmic Egg" album cover, considering the "Skyforger" artwork also got criticized for being similar to another band's previous work as well. End of the day I couldn't care less and I think the art on both "Skyforger" and this new one is gorgeous indeed. Musically, I am sure this will rule.

After seeing that cover art, the "Cosmic Egg" similarity was the very first thing I thought of. Good artwork but yeah, a little too similar to me. What album did Skyforger look like?

Regardless though, I'm really looking forward to this. Their last three albums have been superb and I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is even better.

Ehh, I don't think the Cosmic Egg vs. TBoT thing is really a huge deal; it's more of a variation on a theme than anything, and Amorphis even have the mythological basis to back it up. Never knew about the Static Lullaby artwork 'til now, though, but I don't think it's terribly problematic - if they lifted the exact same art and slapped their name on it, then maybe.

From their Facebook:

Dear Fans. Our record label Nuclear Blast forced us to change the cover art due to similarity for other album covers that include egg. Graphic designer Holger Tiefenbach modified new one with slight difference. It's never good to do compromises but we hope you like it! Have a good weekend folks. -Esa

197975_10150449282215276_20414195275_17818440_6376672_n.jpg

:devil: